Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Galaxy FPS drop for no reason (apparently)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Guys, I have a problem with the dolphin ... the first phase of mario galaxy drops too FPS .... before, I played this stage (I'm already in the 4th world) and don't drop FPS, is now drop much ...

I don't know what can I do, isn't seem to be using 100% of any of the 4 cores, and my VGA doesn't use more than 50% for the resolution 3X ...

what's happening?

[Image: tRTH2Te.jpg]

Spoiler:
Thanks for your attention!
Did anything else change? Did you update drivers or Dolphin itself?

You won't see Dolphin use more than 2 cores typically. It's just how it works.

Your GPU core clock looks like it is running quite a bit low from the screenshot.
Settings?
It doesn't rise to 100% usage on any of the cores because work on each logical core is swapped between physical cores constantly, to keep heat from going through the roof. Using two of four logical cores, dolphin can only seemingly cause up to 50% load, but the logical cores are being loaded 100%.

Your issue is that you don't have a powerful enough processor to play this game at full speed with proper settings on newer builds. A fix is to use older builds.
(04-16-2014, 12:48 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Settings?

i5 2500K 3.4Ghz 3.8 Turbo boost
GTX770
8GB DDR3 1333

if i put IR 1X run fullspeed!
You probably have a GPU bottleneck. With HLE audio, SMG shouldn't require beastly hardware to enjoyable run it now in recent revisions. The GTX 770 should be able to easily play this game at 4x IR, so it's most likely your GPU running too low like rokclimb15 said. 270 MHz is idling. Make sure you have the maximum performance mode selected in your drivers.
No, post your Dolphin settings, not your hardware. Hardware in the profile is enough.
(04-16-2014, 01:34 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]You probably have a GPU bottleneck. With HLE audio, SMG shouldn't require beastly hardware to enjoyable run it now in recent revisions. The GTX 770 should be able to easily play this game at 4x IR, so it's most likely your GPU running too low like rokclimb15 said. 270 MHz is idling. Make sure you have the maximum performance mode selected in your drivers.

yeah, i think this... i'll try now with a new driver!!!! thanks!
I don't think the GTX 770 can handle it at 4x IR; the GTX 760 starts lagging at 3x IR for me.
Go buy a GTX 770, then prove me wrong :p

On a more serious note, I have not dumped SMG1 (just SMG2) and I haven't even bothered to try it in recent revisions.
Pages: 1 2 3