Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0 Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

skooterking5

My Dolphin emulator crashes usually after playing any game for a few minutes. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes, sometimes only 5. Its usually sort of random but nevertheless....still a hastle. Windows Pops up with "Dolphin.exe has stopped working." Any help on this? I attached my system information if that will help.
Quote:12 GB Mixed RAM @ 1666 Mhz

Don't do that. Different RAM might require different Timings and Voltages to run stable.
Even though Windows may not BSOD, it can cause applications to crash. Only use one kit and check if it still crashes, because it shouldn't.

skooterking5

Would it matter if its 2 sets of ram? I basically have 2 sets of 3-channel RAM. Would that matter?
As long as you make sure they use the timings of the slower ram i think it should be fine. I actually never heard of 1666mhz RAM either, did you overclock?
It's not 3-channel, since DDR3 only has two channels in the first place.

Yes, it does matter. Any mixing of RAM can cause slowdowns, corruption, and bad reads, unless they both use the same chips.
(04-14-2014, 12:47 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]It's not 3-channel, since DDR3 only has two channels in the first place.
Don't you know that Triple channel exists too? He has two ram kits both running in triple channel.
Judging by how you would formulate 12gb from "triple channel" kits, it's just the number of dimms. DDR3 runs up to four dimms on two channels, and, unless he has a 6+-dimm board and a CPU that doesn't exist yet, he's running in dual-channel.
(04-14-2014, 02:54 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]Judging by how you would formulate 12gb from "triple channel" kits, it's just the number of dimms. DDR3 runs up to four dimms on two channels, and, unless he has a 6+-dimm board and a CPU that doesn't exist yet, he's running in dual-channel.

1366 Boards have 6 dimms and everyone I know uses 3x2GB RAM moduls for them. I own one myself, so I know what I'm talking about.
Well, I apologize for not realizing that they existed.

But, having 3 dimms does not make a kit "triple-channel". On most boards, you only have four dimm slots, along two channels.
Of course not, but putting 3 ram modules on a 1366 Mobo makes it run in triple channel, hence the name. They don't sell them like that anymore, only during the 1366 times.
Pages: 1 2