Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Video and Audio stuttering every second
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm trying to get Smash Brothers Brawl for Wii to run on dolphin, however, every second the audio and video will stutter for a split second. This makes gameplay extremely choppy and basically unplayable. I downloaded Dolphin just for Smash Bros so I haven't tried it with any other games. Here's the weird part, while in the menus and character select, the stuttering is there. When I start a match the stuttering is there. However, about 2 minutes after a match starts the stuttering goes away and the emulation becomes perfect! Once the match is over though and it goes back to the character select it goes back to stuttering.

I've tried following the performance guide on the Dolphin website and it didn't fix my problem. How do I fix this? I'm running the newest stable release (4.0.2). Here are my specs:

Intel i7 930 overclocked to 3.8GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
6 GB RAM
Windows 7 x64
Take screenshots of the audio and graphics settings panels, and upload them. ALL of the graphics panels.
Using Dolphin 4.0.2, switch over to the OpenGL backend and use the Vertex Streaming Hack.

Or use:
dev build 4.0-1146 with OpenGL

Latest dev build using D3D
(04-10-2014, 11:19 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]Take screenshots of the audio and graphics settings panels, and upload them. ALL of the graphics panels.

Here's an imgur album with my settings: http://imgur.com/a/qgNJ8

(04-10-2014, 11:21 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Using Dolphin 4.0.2, switch over to the OpenGL backend and use the Vertex Streaming Hack.

Or use:
dev build 4.0-1146 with OpenGL

Latest dev build using D3D

Already tried OpenGL with Vertex Streaming Hack with no luck. I'll give that dev build 1146 a go and see if it works!

OK, I just tried dev build 4.0-1146 with OpenGL. Still have the same problem.
Try turning off the OpenMP encoder. It sometimes causes severe slowdown for me.
(04-10-2014, 12:12 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Try turning off the OpenMP encoder. It sometimes causes severe slowdown for me.

OK, I still have the problem BUT it seems to have lessened in severity. It stutters every 2-3 seconds now instead of every second.
I'd recommend using a non-automatic multiple of the native IR.

Also, turn off "skip EFB access from CPU". This causes emulation issues, and, if I'm not mistaken, can cause performance issues in some titles.
(04-10-2014, 12:18 PM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]I'd recommend using a non-automatic multiple of the native IR.

Also, turn off "skip EFB access from CPU". This causes emulation issues, and, if I'm not mistaken, can cause performance issues in some titles.

This fixed it! Thank you!!
(04-10-2014, 12:36 PM)Smoyf Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2014, 12:18 PM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]I'd recommend using a non-automatic multiple of the native IR.

This fixed it! Thank you!!

Guess I spoke too soon. The problem seems to be gone in the menus, but the problem still persists in the first 2 minutes of a match. Any more ideas as to what I can change?
Can you overclock more?
Pages: 1 2 3