Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Video and Audio stuttering every second
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-12-2014, 08:34 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Can you overclock more?

I don't think so. The highest I've heard of for my CPU without going to liquid cooling is 4.0GHz. I'm at 3.8GHz and the chip came stock at 2.8GHz.

Is my CPU the problem? I thought it was pretty solid.
The CPU is definitely the problem.
(04-12-2014, 09:03 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]The CPU is definitely the problem.

Well... looks like it might be time for an upgrade then haha
(04-12-2014, 09:03 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]The CPU is definitely the problem.

Yeah so the CPU isn't the problem. I figured it was time to upgrade so I put in a new mobo and new cpu. My CPU is now an i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz. Same stuttering problems are going on. I even did a fresh install of windows too.
Is the ISO compressed at all? Are you using the same harddrives?
Check GPU all of your clocks, be sure there isn't any throttling going on.
(04-16-2014, 05:16 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the ISO compressed at all? Are you using the same harddrives?

The ISO is not compressed. I am using the same hard drives, except I have a new primary hard drive that I did a fresh install of Windows 7 on.

(04-17-2014, 05:29 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]Check GPU all of your clocks, be sure there isn't any throttling going on.

No throttling going on with the GPU.

The stuttering isn't every second anymore, but probably every 2 seconds. It's enough for people I play with on netplay to complain about and quit the game Sad .

The stuttering still goes away completely about 2 minutes into a match, at which point the emulation is perfect.
I created a thread about a similar issue. Although I did not have any audio stutter, the video seemed choppy for me even though emulation speed was 100%.

Turning off hyper threading made things completely smooth for me, and seeing as you tried on two different cpu's that are both i7's, it might work for you as well.
(04-21-2014, 01:58 PM)keef Wrote: [ -> ]I created a thread about a similar issue. Although I did not have any audio stutter, the video seemed choppy for me even though emulation speed was 100%.

Turning off hyper threading made things completely smooth for me, and seeing as you tried on two different cpu's that are both i7's, it might work for you as well.

Do you mean turn off hyper threading in my system bios or is there an option for hyper threading support the dolphin settings that I need to turn off?
(04-21-2014, 04:23 PM)Smoyf Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2014, 01:58 PM)keef Wrote: [ -> ]I created a thread about a similar issue. Although I did not have any audio stutter, the video seemed choppy for me even though emulation speed was 100%.

Do you mean turn off hyper threading in my system bios or is there an option for hyper threading support the dolphin settings that I need to turn off?

Turn it off through the Bios
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2422874,00.asp
Pages: 1 2 3