Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Dies After First Play!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

cryomanic

I have recently downloaded Dolphin 4.0 x64 for my computer. I am emulating Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for the Gamecube. The program itself opens fine, and when I start the game, it works great, usually running between 30 and 60 FPS. Unfortunately, the next time I try to play, the game tanks to 0 FPS and Dolphin crashes. EVERY TIME. Words can not express how frustrating this is. I have installed everything required for Dolphin to run (seriously, everything. I've been searching for hours. @.@) Before anyone starts talking about how my graphics card is not recommended, I believe that my graphics card is not the issue, seeing as the game runs fine the first time. Do any of you know what could be causing this?
My specs are as follows:
CPU: Intel i5-3230M (2.50GHz)
GPU: Intel HD 4000 (lame, I know)
RAM (4GB)
Your graphics card is supported, though, so it's definitely not that.

I've been seeing a lot of weird issues like this with people; but I've been unable to reproduce it anyway.

Are you by chance on Windows 8; you didn't specify in your profile, limiting my ability to help.

cryomanic

Sorry about that. Yes, I am currently running Windows 8.1. Is there any other info you need?
Did you try deleting the Dolphin Emulator folder under Documents?

cryomanic

Yeah, I have tried that. Every time I start Dolphin up again, it creates the folder again.
Try the latest dev build and see if the same issue is still present: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Does any message of the crash appears (in that case, a screenshot of it would help) or Dolphin simply shuts down with no advice? You could consider checking for any available update.

cryomanic

The only message that appears is "Dolphin.exe has stopped working." This message comes up after Windows searches for a fix for whatever goes wrong. Everything on my computer is up to date. I will try using the latest dev build in a bit.
Having the same issue myself, but only if I am running OpenGL instead of D3D. I run it fine the first time, in my case Super Mario Sunshine, but if I stop and reopen the game, Dolphin crashes with the "Dolphin.exe has stopped working" and never works again. Event viewer points to the newest Intel drivers causing the issue?

Which is weird, because I have been using OpenGL for a few weeks now on 4.0 - 1244
I have exactly the same problem and i dont know what to do! Sad
Pages: 1 2