Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Dies After First Play!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This may sound silly, but does the issue happen when you use d3d?

Not sure if it will be helpful but in the crash window, it usually tells you what the faulty module is. What file does it say?
So, it seems more and more like something I thought before may actually be true. So, I need to ask anyone who is experiencing this crash:

Are you running a fully-updated Windows 8/8.1?

EDIT: The update which specifically seems to have the effect is KB2919907, which fixed a bug relating to bluetooth and UI freezes in Windows.

EDIT AGAIN: Even more specifically, it also seems to be a segfault, or "Unhandled exception 0xC0000005", if you want to get tied about the specifics.

though, I DO get 0xC0000005 relatively often in certain other programs that use the audio on a lower level, might be my hardware telling me to put it out of it's misery already

EDIT SOME MORE: after toying with it some more, something's wrong (illegal opcode errors got thrown about). Probably experiencing a completely unique bug, will report on it's own after making sure that my hardware isn't just finally crapping itself into the corner.
Pages: 1 2