Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Melee freezing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I've been trying to get melee to work for a while now but nothing works.
I can launch the game and move around the menu and even go to character select, but once I try to start the game my game freezes up completely. I followed the netplay guide on smashboards. I also tried using different roms but that doesn't change anything.
I can even play project m just fine at 60 fps but not melee because it keeps freezing up. I'm running on a mac but I don't think that could be the problem. Any help would be amazing, since googling hasn't brought up anything.

Forgot to add screenshots of my settings
Don't set the Internal resolution to auto, it can make problems.
Try the latest dev build

Also, list your CPU and GPU
So I changed the internal resolution to 1x Native and it seems to somewhat fix the problem. I can get into the game and play now but usually after 1 or 2 games; when I get to the stage select and select a stage I freeze up again.

My CPU is 2.5 GHz intel core i5
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB
Try clearing Dolphin's cache

Did you try on a dev build?
Seems to be a bad dump. Try redumping the game from its original disc.
(03-06-2014, 05:39 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try clearing Dolphin's cache

Did you try on a dev build?

How would I go about clearing the cashe?

I've tried the latest dev build, the stable build and the 4.0 netplay one.
View / select "Purge cache"...
I tried everything that was suggested here but it still freezes. Guess melee and me on dolphin are not meant to be.
Can you post the rest of your settings? The config tabs and other pages from the graphics tab
Here are the rest of the screenshots
Pages: 1 2