Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Intel i5 3570 and Nvidia GTX 660
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mymyrux

Hi everybody,

I want to replace an old PC with this configuration which I study for my family :
- Intel i5 3570 @3,4Ghz
- NVIDIA GTX 660
- Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
- Kingston HyperX 3K SSD Series 120 Go
- Kingston HyperX blu 8 Go (2x 4Go) DDR3 1600 MHz CL9
- Corsair Builder Series VS650

Will this PC be enough powerfull to play these games in native resolution (x1) :
- Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
- Mario Kart Wii
- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Wii Play
- Super Smash Bros Brawl
- The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
- Kirby Epic Yarn
- Sonic Colours
- Sonic Sega Stars Racing

Thank you very much for your answer and help.
In a friendly manner.
Mymyrux
If you play in native resolution, only the CPU is relevant.

I tested Mario Galaxy and DKCR on a i5-4670 (with GTX 760) and both runs good, but sometimes the sound interrunpted and the framerate dropped (e. g. attacking the castle in the beginning of mario galaxy). THe game will run on your system, but not like on original Wii.

Sorry for my bad english, i am not drunk.
i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz is as fast as i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz in our benchmark . So don't bother with that i5
Both i5 4670 and i5 3570 are locked versions (Can't overclock)
I recommend : i5 4670k + MSI Z87 G45 that support overclocking + EVGA GTX 750 (Thing to keep in mind , GTX 750 and GTX 760 are different . GTX 760 is based on older architecture Kepler while GTX 750 is based on latest architechture Maxwell)
admin89 Wrote:I recommend : i5 4670k + MSI Z87 G45 that support overclocking + EVGA GTX 750

Seconded.

Mymyrux

Hi admin89 and Kosake,

Thank you very much for your answers.

I'm surprised for your answer about the cpus admin89. When I see the passmark cpu of i3-4130, it's 4877 and for the i5-3570k, it's 7183. How could it be possible that i3 is more powerful that i5 overclocked?

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

In a friendly manner
Mymyrux
Passmark scores are meaningless for Dolphin. Dolphin is not Passmark, and Passmark does accurately benchmark the types of workloads Dolphin does (like dynamically recompiling PowerPC assembly into x86 assembly).

The only benchmarks that count are the ones that use Dolphin. See the results of latest and most accurate Dolphin-based benchmark here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ne...e-required
Passmark is not the same application as dolphin. Passmark will use all 4 cores of the 3570K allowing it to push ahead of the dual core 4130. But dolphin will only use two cores. If you want to know how cpus will perform with dolphin look at our cpu benchmark which uses dolphin. Do not look at benchmark results of another application, they have no relevance here.

Edit: Gah. Ninja'd

Mymyrux

Hi Shonumi and NaturalViolence,

Thank you again for your answers and your link.

Ah ^^ I forget that Dolphin-emu use only 2 cores. Thank you very much for your explanations about passmarks too.

I will follow your indications.

In a friendly manner.
Mymyrux