Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

SilverAbsol777

I just built a computer about a week ago. It consists of a Core 2 duo E7400, a PNY Nvidia Geforce 9800 Gtx OC edition, and a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L. I am still using the stock cooler and everything is running great, but I don't trust myself doing any sort of overclocking with the current cpu setup. This is where the cooler comes in. Is the Freezer 7 pro a reasonably good upgrade for the money? If not, any suggestions would be helpful.

Here's the cooler.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6835186134
Nice build. Pimp it up with Arctic Silver.

SilverAbsol777

Yeah. I think Arctic Silver should be my choice for a thermal compound.
You have pretty much the EXACT COMPUTER I have. I have the artic cooler 7. Works well though lga 775 east mount plastic pieces are a bit gimmicky. Good heatsink though. My biggest problem is that dust easy builds up in the fins of the thing. I see my cpu temps at 27C idle and 38C load with it oc to 3.153 ghz. I'm on a gigabyte ep43 board, e7400 @ 3.153, BFG gts 250 (cooler and less power consumption 9800 gtx(1 6 pin)) and a cooler master case. Room temp is 74F. Hope that helps.
Intel`s stock coolers are good anyway
dont use arctic silver 5.
What was the total cost for building your pc?

SilverAbsol777

I had to go really budget on this build so I used a few old parts that I had. Here are approximates for prices.

E7400= $120
GTX OC= $100(bestbuy outlet item)
GA-G31M= $60
HDD and 2 Gb Ram= $75
550 watt PSU= $35
Wireless Card= $10
Old eMachines case
Old eMachines DVD-rom(perfect for dumping games)

Total was about $410 with shipping.

silentZen

This is area the acknowledgment comes in. Is the Freezer 7 pro a analytic acceptable advancement for the money? If not, any suggestions would be helpful.

Works well for me. Biggest problem is dust getting in between the aluminum fins but it works fine. If you doing LGA 775, the little clips work but can be a pain as everyone knows. Besides that, mine dropped my cpu a good 5-6C compared to the stock. I say its worth the 19.99 or so dollar price tag. If you got a little bit more money then get a Corsair H50. That runs around 80 dollars but its pretty much a mini water cooler for your cpu and is really simple to install.
Pages: 1 2