Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is anyone looking into fixing the missing shadows in Luigi's Mansion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought emulating the heat effects properly in Wind Waker would never see the light of day, but it got fixed. So I'm wondering if the same is possible for the shadows in Luigi's Mansion.
Neobrain looked into it recently, but so far no luck. No one knows how those freakin shadows work or why they don't appear.
Shadows don't show up with Software renderer. It's most likely related to the JIT emulation. Maybe some kind of FIFO Log would help? (To at least know what it is).

I seriously hope in delroth's amazing debugging skills
(02-19-2014, 02:49 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]It's most likely related to the JIT emulation.
It's not.

(02-19-2014, 02:49 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe some kind of FIFO Log would help? (To at least know what it is).
Already got one and it renders perfectly fine on my Wii. I.e. it's an actual issue with our GPU emulation code.
Then why does it happen on software renderer too Tongue
Just 'cause it's a software renderer doesn't mean it's perfect.
It probably happens in the SW renderer because a "core" piece of the GPU emulation code is inaccurate. It doesn't matter if you render a scene via OpenGL or in SW if the input data you use is wrong. Not that I would know what Dolphin is doing to emulate the GC's GPU, this is just my educated (hopefully) guess.