Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New to Dolphin but having problems accessing WiFi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I got Dolphin recently and have had trouble getting WiFi connection for Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I followed this guide: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/wii-network-guide/

I have done some google searches about error code 20115, and apparently it's because of Nintendo banning some ways of Dolphin users accessing WiFi. Before using the guide I would get a different error code, which shows that the network guide does work.

But people have been saying you need the file DWC_AUTHDATA, which I have nowhere on my laptop. I do not have a Nintendo Wii either, and isn't that the only way to get this file?

I'm new to emulators so I don't really have any idea on what to do, can anyone help?

I tried downloading a dump, however it gave me a dodgy installation wizard which installs junk then makes you have to register to another website which requires credit card details. Other than that I can't seem to find anything.

Would love to be able to play Smash Bros online since it's a game I have loved for over 10 years.

Thanks!
You can try some older dev builds (my DWC file is from me using older revisions)

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\shared2 is where it's located
I just used 3.5-1622 which is around 7 months old and got error code 50120, unable to connect to the internet. Going to do the network guide for this again.

Got nothing from it, is it not possible to use a DWC file that someone else uploads?
I'm certainly no Wii/IOS expert, but maybe you can get the Wii Menu to generate that file? You can install the whole Wii Menu via NUSDownloader – check "Pack WAD" and download everything you think is necessary/relevant to the menu, then install the WADs in Dolphin (Tools > Install WAD) and launch the menu (Tools > Load Wii System Menu [version]). The network setup menus would likely generate it.

I doubt you can set a MAC address or serial number for the emulated Wii (which might be necessary), but if you can, it'd be either somewhere in Dolphin's .ini files or somewhere in the emulated Wii NAND (in which case, uh, good luck figuring that out).
I'll give that a go, thanks.

Nothing seemed to work unfortunately. I'm sure it's just DWC_AUTHDATA which is needed since I did get the error code on WiFi which banned accounts get.
(02-18-2014, 03:50 AM)Explosive Llama Wrote: [ -> ]I just used 3.5-1622 which is around 7 months old and got error code 50120, unable to connect to the internet. Going to do the network guide for this again.
That build is too old, wii-network started only in 3.5-2143...
I've been having the same issue. Any insight / progress on this?
I'm curious how you guys managed to rip your wii games if you don't own a wii.
(02-19-2014, 11:20 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious how you guys managed to rip your wii games if you don't own a wii.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...wii-needed
rawdump doesn't work with dual layer discs, try again.
Pages: 1 2