Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FIFO is overflown by GatherPipe, CPU thread is too fast! (4.0-926)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This error seems to have returned with 4.0-926 revision. I had Dolphin crash on me in 3 different games. Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Tales of Symphonia. Within 2-5 minutes of playing the game. I got this error before, but it was in very old versions of the emulator, like pre-3.0. And it seems to have returned.

PC specs:

I5 2500k @ 4.2ghz
GPU: Radeon 6970
Ram: 16gbs DDR3 1600mhz.
4.0-926 was a cleanup merge, so I doubt this is the commit which adds this issue. Can you check on which revision this issue starts?
I haven't tested every revision. All I know is this didn't ever happen between 3.0 and 4.0.2 (on the versions I tested between that period).

So its entirely possible whatever caused the issue started in one of the later revisions after 4.0.2. I'll grab the latest revision and test it out later on the same games, and see if the problem still persists.

Would you prefer if I saved and posted the logs for when this error happens? Although I'm unsure how to get the logs if the emulator crashes, unless it saves the last activity in a file somewhere. I'm more than happy to help you out if you tell me how to get the information you need to solve problems.

And I'm not suggesting this is a bad revision either, because it runs a few FPS faster on the minimum and maximum over what it ran in 4.0.2, so speed wise its definitely an improvement. I get 30fps running around town in Last Story with an I5 2500k @ 4.2ghz. Parts that used to dip to 26-28 are now 30, and at least 5fps higher on the top end. I'm actually quite pleased with the progress.
I'm getting this too on the last story with the D3D backend. Using the latest revision (4.0-984).
Can you test:

4.0-889 https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/1e9...d12ac4d41/
4.0-905 https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/2a7...6b1d365d7/
4.0-984 https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/4a5...cbe58792a/

Also provide error logs if it fails (View > Show Log / View > Show Log Configuration and make sure severity is on warning or error).
I'll give the above versions a test starting with -984, if I don't run into the problem ill also let you know.

**Edit:

I didn't have any issues with -984. Played Last Story for about 45 minutes and didn't run into any problems.

rg_software

I want to report the same problem for r4061: the message pops up in Battalion Wars 2 EVEN if "dual core" option is disabled.
Yeah uh that build is really old. Update to either the latest official build or the latest dev builds. Plus it's not a good idea to necro threads from close to a year ago. Wink

rg_software

(11-07-2014, 09:46 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah uh that build is really old. Update to either the latest official build or the latest dev builds. Plus it's not a good idea to necro threads from close to a year ago. Wink

Sorry for writing to this thread, but well, since I started... I don't think "4.0-4061" is old -- it was released 3 days ago.
R4061 implies a build from Dolphin's SVN days, and would have been pre 3.0. The new naming conventions are 4.0-xxxx, so anyone who's been here as long as Xtreme2damax is going to see R4061 as an extremely old build because you're incorrectly referring to current development builds.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5