Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FIFO is overflown by GatherPipe, CPU thread is too fast! (4.0-926)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(11-06-2014, 08:55 PM)rg_software Wrote: [ -> ]I want to report the same problem for r4061: the message pops up in Battalion Wars 2 EVEN if "dual core" option is disabled.

I found that Battalion wars 2 works fine with 4.0 3756, i am having hard time to track the offending commit though. 3958 has the issue.

Edit: Ok, i think i have found it. https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1417 should be the offending commit. 4.0-3954 is the last commit without an issue here.
(11-08-2014, 12:00 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]R4061 implies a build from Dolphin's SVN days, and would have been pre 3.0. The new naming conventions are 4.0-xxxx, so anyone who's been here as long as Xtreme2damax is going to see R4061 as an extremely old build because you're incorrectly referring to current development builds.

Exactly. Plus this was an old issue that seems to have resurfaced recently.

qqqbbb

I get this error with Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance NTSC with v4.0-4654.

edit: disabling dual core fixes it but FPS drop is very noticable.
I'm getting this error as well with The Last Story. I'm using 4.0-4575.

Normally I could just close out the error window and keep playing, but this time while I was in the Haunted Mansion, the error caused the game to freeze (after upgrading a bunch of gear and before saving...)

ericore

FIFO is overflown by GatherPipe, CPU thread is too fast!

Still happening as of 4.0-4843 dev build.
I have this happening with Harvest Moon Magical Melody.
Nothing in game triggers. Happens after long periods of idle time (not moving, not pause), inside home or outside.
No graphic setting appears to trigger it; although, haven't tested the ram vs textures EFB.
G3258 4.0 GHZ OC (yes thank you for acknowledging my cpu)
GTX 750
Open GL, scaled EFB, Widescreen hack
EFB copies: Texture
Texture cache: Safe
External Frame buffer: Disable
No other options checked on that same page.
I click yes to the warning, and the game seems to continue without flaw
Night and Day difference between this version and 4.0.2
They need to freeze the build, and make a stable release.
Dolphin 4.0-4887

Get the error "FIFO is overflowed by GatherPipe! CPU thread is too fast!", then "GFX FIFO: Unlnown Opcode (0x3f @ 00000000202D31FE" and another huge list "Illegal command 3f CPBase: 0x015e6500 and many more similar" in Fight Night Round 2 during regular play. It appears randomly. It doesn't appear when using JITIL recompiler.

Upd: Ishiruka Dolphin 187de69 doesn't crash with this error, going to check older master svns.

Upd2: Dolphin 3500 doesn't crash either.
The hardware implementation of bounding box seems to have caused the fifo overflow errors here in d3d after it was fixed again.
Great... more mysterious bugs.
Today had this error occurred in Resident Evil 0 before the memory card check (just after clicking on the game).
This started appearing for me in in Hyrule Field in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (wii) in 4.0-4922.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5