Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Impossible to play online (err 20115)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(02-14-2014, 06:05 AM)Electron Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2014, 02:52 PM)Alia5 Wrote: [ -> ]The DWC_AUTHDATA only contains the userid and some more 0x00 to fill up the 32Byte... So you really only need a valid userid... So i think you could download some old nand dump thats flying around in the internet, if that id isnt banned, providing bans work based on user_id
+ you can login multiple times with the same user id (at least with the same ip, other i dont have tested)

So in the DWC_AUTHDATA file, there is the userid and nintendo's servers check if this userid is ban that's all
if this userid is clean, this file can be use by multiple wii/dolphin

that's good?

While Nintendo CAN ban the id contained within DWC_AUTHDATA, this is not the case here. As it is the account create command that fails, this command is used to generate the id to be placed in DWC_AUTHDATA.

Mario Kart itself stores a cached copy of the id inside DWC_AUTHDATA inside one of it's data files. This means if you delete DWC_AUTHDATA and play mario kart the id is not recreated and you won't get a 20115 error as it doesn't try to create another account unless the cached id has issues.
(02-14-2014, 05:49 AM)Parlane Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2014, 04:28 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]Do those other values work multiple times (e.g. is it allowed to create an account multiple times using identical credentials) ?

Of course.
That's a bit strange seeing as it should never happen on a real wii (only occurs once after first startup or after a format, which changes the friend code).
(02-14-2014, 07:06 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2014, 05:49 AM)Parlane Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2014, 04:28 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]Do those other values work multiple times (e.g. is it allowed to create an account multiple times using identical credentials) ?

Of course.
That's a bit strange seeing as it should never happen on a real wii (only occurs once after first startup or after a format, which changes the friend code).

How do you allow for formatting and duplicate macs?
Formatting changes the friend code so the input data for acctcreate would be different. Not sure what you mean by duplicate macs.... every network card is meant to have a unique MAC.
(02-14-2014, 08:57 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]Formatting changes the friend code so the input data for acctcreate would be different. Not sure what you mean by duplicate macs.... every network card is meant to have a unique MAC.

There are more network interfaces than there are mac addresses. A mac address is only 6 octets in length. And when you are limited to only 3 octets of uniqueness, and having sold more than 16 million Wiis, you will get conflicts.

Yes the friend code could be used to ban. But afaik Nintendo never made a mapping of mac to friend code to verify the supplied mac is correct.
Nintendo owns a heap of OUI prefixes: http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/?string=Nintendo
74 * 2^24 = over 1 billion possible MACs.
Nintendo does rely on the wii's MAC address being unique as part of their security model, look at how letterbomb works for example.
The friend code is generated from a bunch of system unique info, as well as a seed value that gets incremented each time the wii is formatted.
(02-14-2014, 09:09 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]Nintendo owns a heap of OUI prefixes: http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/?string=Nintendo
74 * 2^24 = over 1 billion possible MACs.
Nintendo does rely on the wii's MAC address being unique as part of their security model, look at how letterbomb works for example.
The friend code is generated from a bunch of system unique info, as well as a seed value that gets incremented each time the wii is formatted.

Yes we have the code to generate the friend code but it isn't based on MAC.

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/b...t.cpp#L253

Well if they have the db for macs, they aren't comparing it to the friend code for account creation.
I never said there was a relationship between the MAC and friend code. My point is that for any given MAC address, acctcreate should never be called multiple times with the same friend code.
(02-14-2014, 09:56 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]I never said there was a relationship between the MAC and friend code. My point is that for any given MAC address, acctcreate should never be called multiple times with the same friend code.

Until you refromat your wii 256 times.
ok,
thank you so much !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5