Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So i just downloaded Dolphin emulator (4.0.2) and when playing super smash bros brawl it works fine but Mario Kart really does not run well. First of all the sounds all lag and are very choppy and the game seems to follow in their steps as it slows down immensely at random times even though the framerate stays over 30. Is there a way to fix this? I am forced to use Dolphin ver. 3.5 which is alot better but hardly perfect. I just want to know if there's a setting that i'm missing or something cause i would love to play on 4.0.2.
Specs? Mario Kart Wii tends to be CPU/GPU demanding.
I'd keep using version 3.5 until the improvement are made, unless it's a bug, have you tried any of the "Development" versions?
Your profile says you have an AMD FX6350, doesn´t it? And as supposed, those CPUs wil run MK Wii with lots of slowdowns.

Try using latest builds under OpenGL. Set Windows to High Performance, and set NVidia Control Panel to high performance too.

Post temps just in case, it could be overheating.

@guru64: Don´t tell people to keep using extremely old builds/versions, as support will be revoked for people who do that.
(02-02-2014, 02:24 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Your profile says you have an AMD FX6350, doesn´t it? And as supposed, those CPUs wil run MK Wii with lots of slowdowns.

Try using latest builds under OpenGL. Set Windows to High Performance, and set NVidia Control Panel to high performance too.

Post temps just in case, it could be overheating.

@guru64: Don´t tell people to keep using extremely old builds/versions, as support will be revoked for people who do that.

I tried to use openGL but it the slowdown is worse so i use directX11 instead. And i am using the latest build possible. I'll post the temps soon but i doupt its overheating. And guru64 is right as on 3.5 it runs well but i am trying to get help for 4.0.2.
3.5 is faster because is more innacurate than 4.0.2. And keep in mind that old builds aren´t supported.

Which build you used?
(02-02-2014, 02:24 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]@guru64: Don´t tell people to keep using extremely old builds/versions, as support will be revoked for people who do that.

First please don't speak on moderators' behalf, that's very inappropriate.

If v3.5 is giving him higher framerates then why game with lower framerates on v4, untill his speed issue with v4 is figured out he might as well use v3.5 which only makes sense.
My cpu temperature seems to stay about between 30-35 degrees so it is not overheating. I think it is a matter if how many things are going on on the screen it is also very audio related. In a time trial for example, everything is running fine with no slowdown but in a grand prix, the audio stutters and the game with it. It is more present when multiple characters are on screen and they all make their own sounds.
I´m not speaking like a mod, I´m explaining him that old builds aren´t supported. And there are some dev builds that are "fast" and "newer" than 3.5 stable... :/
(02-02-2014, 02:55 AM)babeldude Wrote: [ -> ]My cpu temperature seems to stay about between 30-35 degrees so it is not overheating. I think it is a matter if how many things are going on on the screen it is also very audio related. In a time trial for example, everything is running fine with no slowdown but in a grand prix, the audio stutters and the game with it. It is more present when multiple characters are on screen and they all make their own sounds.

It could be a bug with v4 builds but if all v4 releases give you this issue then it might be just that v4 is more accurate but slower for some games, unfortunately if this is this case then only upgrading the CPU or GPU will resolve this unless newer builds in the future improve the speed.

[Image: sad.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 4