Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Computer spec for the wind walker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello people =) i'm trying to run the wind walker on my PC with this configuration

Intel Core I5 CPU 650 @ 3.20 GHZ 3.19 GHz
ATI radeon saphir HD 5850 1G
8G DDR3 RAM
Seven x64

I would like to know what should be the best configuration of dolphin with this Computer Spec (and first at all if i can run him ofc) for the wind walker.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day (and sorry for my poor english)
Well, considering that I run wind waker nearly comfortably on my computer, which is the same generation as yours (I think) but much, much slower on the CPU, you should probably be able to run it, possibly with LLE and EFB to RAM still enabled, but I'm not entirely sure (I don't keep up heavily on CPUs).

And, with that GPU, extrapolating from my own machine again (in which I have a 5770), you should be able to play with enhanced graphics, too.

disclaimer: I've said some things the opposite of the truth here before without noticing until corrected, and any damage to computer or dicks caught in ceiling fans because of this post are hereby your own fault
I'm still in the dark about this, since I haven't played wind waker past getting the pearls in a while, and even then didn't get far past that, what is this "hyrule field" you speak of?
Hyrule Field is the most demanding area of WW (and some Zelda games). Which gets even more demanding with EFB2RAM and LLE audio. Only the super-strong, high-clocked CPUs can get past that part (like i5-4670K) AFAIK.

ADD: One never knows what you can get out from anything. You could try the new Delroth´s CPU benchmark and see how good is your machine.
Ok, this has been bothering me for a while now, DJBarry004: There is no true Hyrule field in WW.
WW takes place IN THE SEA. No big fields or anything. The only Hyrule field is the little area outside of the undersea Gannon Tower, and isn't normally supposed to be accessed by players. But people have found ways to "glitch" themselves onto it. The Hyrule field slowdown is really only in TP.

Rant over.

@Erynies, try overclocking your CPU if you're getting slowdowns in games. The first generation of i3/i5/i7 CPUs didn't need to have the K at the end to overclock (it just makes it a bit more work). Look to Google for help.
(01-19-2014, 02:25 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, this has been bothering me for a while now, DJBarry004: There is no true Hyrule field in WW.
WW takes place IN THE SEA. No big fields or anything. The only Hyrule field is the little area outside of the undersea Gannon Tower, and isn't normally supposed to be accessed by players. But people have found ways to "glitch" themselves onto it. The Hyrule field slowdown is really only in TP.

Rant over.

@kinkinkijkin, try overclocking your CPU if you're getting slowdowns in games. The first generation of i3/i5/i7 CPUs didn't need to have the K at the end to overclock (it just makes it a bit more work). Look to Google for help.

Even if there´s no Hyrule Field, the CPU is still too slow for the requested game.
How is this guy's CPU too slow for wind waker? It's miles above my own, and, without disabling EFB to RAM and LLE, I get 26-29 FPS in wind waker (until a slowdown which I've found out is related to issues with my processor and windows 7 working in tandem to cause the caches to be filled with garbage on high usage), and then WITH them off, the game runs smooth as butter. That, AND he has an intel CPU that was intended for high-performance use, from the same generation as my own!

So, yes, he should be able to run Wind Waker.
It's possible. The WW benchmark won't give an accurate measurement of speed because it uses 3.0.
@Erynies will just need to try it and see what he gets
You don´t get it. It´s true that most Intel CPUs are faster than AMDs´ because of higher SCP (single core performance), but there´s other determinant thing called the MODEL, wich brings the speed problem here due to being a mobile CPU instead of an overclockable one, for example.

EDIT: I already mentioned a benchmark over there. -.-
The 650 is a desktop model, not mobile http://ark.intel.com/products/43546/Inte...e-3_20-GHz

EDIT: my page didn't refresh and get that edit before I posted
Pages: 1 2 3 4