Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need Xenoblade Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

My name is Yoan. I'm French. I dislike my President.

So i tested every config on dolphin with Xenoblade and no one worked correctly (freeze sound or img when i fight)

I need help for very good config on Dolphin with Xenoblade please Sad

My config:

Graphic: ATI Radeon HD 6870 1Go Core Clock 900Mhz -- Memory Clock 1050Mhz
Proc: AMD Fx6100 6 cores OC 3.8Ghz
Memory: 12Gb DDR3, 2X4Gb Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3, 2x2Gb Elixir 800Mhz DDR3
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
Power Supply: Thermaltake SMART SE 630W
Case:Advance MONSTER Polar
Version: Dolphin 4.0.2

Thanks for your Help !

PS: I need change Option dolphin not my component !
Is disliking your president a matter of identity or something ?
Anyway.
That config is quite weak for Xenoblade and emulation is general. What makes it so bad is your CPU. You're using a 1st Gen AMD FX CPU that's shipping with Bulldozer architecture, with lots of cores and Gigahertz, but that generally performs worse than Intel counterpart or previous AMD Phenom II in such usage. AMD FX processors have weak Single Thread performance that Dolphin and most advanced emulators (aka PCSX2) are greatly relying on. The small overclocking you made absolutely isn't going to take you anywhere in this regard. It's not a matter of configuration tweaks, it's just that you're trying to run one of the most demanding game the emulator can run on one of the weakest possible configuration that can actually run it. You're talking about freezes on image and audio : https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wi...chronicles. This is the place you discuss game specific problems, but like I said, your hardware is too weak for this. What's your average FPS anyway ?

So now you're left with basically three options IMO :
--> Buy a cooler and OC near 5.0 Ghz. Even then, I don't know if you'll get any noticeable improvement on this game.
--> Ditch FX 6100 and try some older AMD series. You'll find a good hierarchy of Dolphin-capable CPUs here. Like I stated, a Phenom II is really the best option for Dolphin and other demanding emulators such as PCSX2, if you can't afford to change your Motherboard AND your CPU and is stuck with AMD. The motherboard you're using right now can certainly be used for older AMD CPU that use older sockets.
--> Go the Intel way, using the hierarchy I gave you before. You can also go on PCSX2 forums and look for their CPU hierarchy but I think it will be quite similar to Dolphin's.

PS. I think this topic is more hardware than anything else.
>PS: I need change Option dolphin not my component !

Hah. From my time on the forum, I've learned that 99% of the time that's impossible. There's no "make everything faster" switch. You *have* to get better hardware.
:'(... Okay Thanks for your help so i need older or better CPU... Sniff...

I played to Xenoblade 3 hours and stay on 27-30 fps just when i have fight animation the sound has freeze and small lag
27-30 fps is actually not bad for that kind of outdated hardware since the max for this game is 30 fps. You can also try the 30fps PAL hack and see if it improves anything during the fight scenes, if not then its your hardware sorry.
(01-17-2014, 08:08 PM)Yoan Wrote: [ -> ]:'(... Okay Thanks for your help so i need older or better CPU... Sniff...

I played to Xenoblade 3 hours and stay on 27-30 fps just when i have fight animation the sound has freeze and small lag

Yeah 27-30 fps isn't bad for Xenoblade with such hardware. Actually I'm a bit surprised. Maybe you could try OC first, your cooler won't be wasted anyway. But the way you describe it, it does really sounds like symptoms of hardware limitation which is the most probable cause I figured out for your case.
Everyone grossly overestimates how demanding Xenoblade Chronicles is in Dolphin. Ever since delroth changed the HLE code for Wii AX microcode games (thus negating the need for LLE) you don't need beastly hardware to run this game most of the time. This game can be GPU intensive (especially at higher IRs) but for the most part, the only areas that really stress the CPU seem to be when a lot of enemies are on screen (especially when Colony 9 gets attacked in the beginning). For the most part, even average hardware can reasonably run this game. Even though the AMD FX 6100 is fairly weak for Dolphin, it constitutes "average" enough with an OC to 3.8GHz.

@Yoan - About those slowdowns, those are pretty normal on most systems. I used to get them, even though I had OC'ed to 3.8GHz (and an i5-2500K at 3.8GHz is significantly faster than an AMD FX 6100 at 3.8GHz). For some reason or another, this game is very picky about your framelimit options. For me, some settings produced zero lag during combat, but made the battle voices 1.5x as fast (like I was fast-forwarding or something), others increased the lag significantly (down to 20 FPS Sad), and others made VSync unusably slow. Personally, the best combination I've found was setting the Framelimit to Auto and unchecking Limit by FPS; that totally eliminated all noticeable slowdowns during any part of game. Now I'm running it at a constant 30 FPS, with infrequent dips to 29 and 28 at the worst. Try that, and if it doesn't work, fiddle around with it as necessary.
i haven't a lot of freeze just on cinematic Colony 9 ( same as you) and some time when i engage fight with full animation but i played 3hours and it's playable and beautifull.

Me i have this config on Dolphin for xenoblade:

-Dual core, jump, framelimit 30fps with limit by fps checked
-DSP HLE, OpenAL 30 latency

-Direct3D9,1680x1050, full screen
-2.5x resolution, 4xSSAA, 4x AA, copy EFB,
-Hack by texture, fast, Checked OpenMP, Checked depth
>framelimit 30fps with limit by fps checked
Why the fuck does everyone do this? Not only does it do absolutely nothing that setting it to Auto doesn't do, but if you play any 60fps game you have to go change it. Just fucking leave it on Auto.

>OpenAL 30 latency
Latency, indeed. Switch it back to XAudio if you don't want to hear sounds a whole second after they're supposed to be heard and you don't mind the occasional stutter.

>Direct3D9
Fuck that backend. Use it if you want, but be aware that it's a pile of shit and OpenGL is much less buggy on current dev builds and is barely any slower than DX9.

>2.5x resolution, 4xSSAA, 4x AF, copy EFB
You could probably bump that up to 3x, change the AF to 16x, check some of the other boxes in Graphics > Enhancements if they don't kill performance too much or break things.
Framelimit checked for more stability around 30fps no?

Other option changed with your help thanks
Pages: 1 2