Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need Xenoblade Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems that your CPU might just do it after all, but even though it's mainly your GPU involved here, have you tried running the game on Default graphic settings (especially without all AA stuff ? that you shouldn't really need with 2.5 IR) ?
I have more lag without framelimit checked... Yes i tried on Default and it's same
That thing is not even needed (as Paul mentioned). The emulator sets automatically the needed number of frames rendered for some points of any game (most common: 60 FPS cinematics/game menus, 30 FPS gameplay).
(01-18-2014, 07:23 PM)Yoan Wrote: [ -> ]Framelimit checked for more stability around 30fps no?

Stability? Not according to Shonumi.

(01-18-2014, 01:55 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason or another, this game is very picky about your framelimit options. For me, some settings produced zero lag during combat, but made the battle voices 1.5x as fast (like I was fast-forwarding or something), others increased the lag significantly (down to 20 FPS Sad), and others made VSync unusably slow. Personally, the best combination I've found was setting the Framelimit to Auto and unchecking Limit by FPS; that totally eliminated all noticeable slowdowns during any part of game. Now I'm running it at a constant 30 FPS, with infrequent dips to 29 and 28 at the worst. Try that, and if it doesn't work, fiddle around with it as necessary.

Seriously, it's most likely that any benefit you get from manually setting it is placebo – that's a problem with a *lot* of Dolphin's settings, they don't actually help but people *think* they do because they expect them to. This is why standardized benchmarks are best for measuring these kinds of things, human perception is shit. v_v
Pages: 1 2