Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Twightlight princess low frames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

PhatSonic

I have low frames in certain areas in twilight princess, as well as my frames being locked to the highest of 30...

Processor: AMD A10- 5800k APU
Video Card: AMD Radeon 7750 Series
Ram: 8 GB

My PC can run most games on high settings...

is there anything i can do to raise frames a little?
The AMD A10-5800k APU is not a very fast processor in IPC, it will not run all areas of Twilight Princess full speed, notably hyrule field.

Twilight Princess is a 30 fps game, if you see 30 fps, it is going full speed.

I hope this answers your questions.
Quote:AMD APU and FX series chips are not very strong in this regard.
They're about as strong as second generation Intel i-series chips.
I'm not sure to say your post is correct or incorrect . There are various types of 2nd gen Core i series (i3 , i5 / i7 with "k" or non-"k" model) . Same to AMD side (AMD FX Bulldozer / Piledriver , AMD Llano / Trinity / Richland )
If you compare the latest FX-8530 or A10 5800k with a non-k (not made for overclocking) i5 2400 . Base on Dolphin Benchmark , they're not even close . You have to push FX 8350 really hard (4.52GHz) to make it faster than i5 2400 . Well you know ... i5 2500k blow it out the water anyway
Not to mention that these "new" AMD cards (7xxx/8xxx series) are FREAKING slow. Mine, for example, hits a max frequency of 400 MHz.
(01-12-2014, 04:26 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention that these "new" AMD cards (7xxx/8xxx series) are FREAKING slow. Mine, for example, hits a max frequency of 400 MHz.

8000 are 7000 OEM Rehash

7000 are almost 3 years old

7000 also have great memory clocks and core speeds, in a way. The operating frequency is not directly tied to the core speed, just like a CPU, wherein a 5 GHz processor is not automatically faster than a 3.5 GHz processor.

Also, you must have a 7600 or lower, keep in mind that anything below "x700" with AMD is equivalent to anything below "x40" for nvidia, and "x970" is equal to "x80".

EDIT: Also, 7000 series aren't slow. I don't know what nvidia propaganda you've been choking on, but that's like saying that intel processors are bad for dolphin.