Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How fast would my rig play SMG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My rig:
Processor: Phenom x4 Black Edition 9600 2.3ghz (not overclocked, going to try for 3ghz)
Cooler: Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer 120mm (good enough to oc to 3ghz?)
Mobo: Foxconn M61PMV (This is an older mobo, I know for a fact I can get 2.65ghz with this...)
Video Card: Sapphire HD4830 (w/ modded video bios, but not overclocked)

First of all, I'd be using the latest Dolphin SVN i could get my hands on. Second of all, I've familiarized myself with the settings of Dolphin r3924 from my brother's rig, so I'm pretty sure I would have Dual Core enabled and Optimize Quantisizers (if that's the right way to spell it) enabled, and sound disabled for more speed. I'd also have it at the lowest resolution, and watchdog set to 15 or 10. Third of all, I'm going to use my brother's LG drive to rip the games. Are these the best settings? And if anyone could tell me how much FPS I could squeeze out of this processor before overclocking, or how much you get from your own rig, that'd be just great. Smile
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum.
the mobo won't get you very far in htt link for overclocking. If you do overclock, the worst case scenario for you would be 25fps and best case would be 50 or higher.
(08-05-2009, 02:57 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]the mobo won't get you very far in htt link for overclocking. If you do overclock, the worst case scenario for you would be 25fps and best case would be 50 or higher.
the cpu isn't that bad :/
(08-05-2009, 03:17 PM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2009, 02:57 PM)boogerlad Wrote: [ -> ]the mobo won't get you very far in htt link for overclocking. If you do overclock, the worst case scenario for you would be 25fps and best case would be 50 or higher.

Obviously better than your P4 3ghz heheh Tongue
(08-05-2009, 03:17 PM)Daco Wrote: [ -> ]

You might even say that to a Pentium D (because of your Pentium 4) Wink
just kidding... lets stay serious... Big Grin

SMG is a game that has some small parts and some fast parts. You will get an ugly speed at some parts (even I with my C2D @3,7 Ghz get such slowdowns), but you can also have parts that run fullspeed... just test it out.
(08-05-2009, 08:59 PM)The King Wrote: [ -> ]SMG is a game that has some small parts and some fast parts. You will get an ugly speed at some parts (even I with my C2D @3,7 Ghz get such slowdowns), but you can also have parts that run fullspeed... just test it out.

Okay, good to know.
noobs..... always speaking bullshit.

Man, your computer is perfect. It's almost better than mine(in CPU, you beat me in GPU) and I run the game almost always at 60fps. I have collected the 120 stars and I have even unlocked luigi. Go on and dump that ISO.

here are my specs so you compare:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz. (not overclocked)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256mb, clocking: 675MHz memory: 1005MHz
RAM: 4GB
(08-06-2009, 04:23 AM)BlinkHawk Wrote: [ -> ]noobs..... always speaking bullshit.

Man, your computer is perfect. It's almost better than mine(in CPU, you beat me in GPU) and I run the game almost always at 60fps. I have collected the 120 stars and I have even unlocked luigi. Go on and dump that ISO.

Why don't you post your stock so we know exactly who we're dealing with?
(08-06-2009, 04:23 AM)BlinkHawk Wrote: [ -> ]noobs..... always speaking bullshit.

60fps? I'd kill for that...I've dumped it and using the settings above (and with windows 7 x64), I get 25fps. Can you tell me your specs and settings?
enable dual core, disable other audio
Pages: 1 2 3