Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0.2 stable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't think so..
After playing for some time to Umbrella Chronicles. it crashes... I am using Windows 8
Ok maybe it's not made to play that game, it slows in some points, but..
Maybe something more must be done..
I'd like to play Resident Evil Series on my pc.. And it's not at all a weaked armed pc..
Why does it happen that it crashes?
Somebody know?
Thanks for the replies... Heart Heart Heart
MaX
Shy
Do you have panic handlers turned on? Does this happen in 4.0 or 3.5?
(12-04-2013, 10:08 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have panic handlers turned on? Does this happen in 4.0 or 3.5?
Heart oh thanks for your kind reply I will slide that on and see what happens. I am using the newest, 4.0.2. but I think the game still must be fully supported by further dolphin releases.. Big Grin
No, newer versions don't have that.. The strange thing is that when I play with video plugin DIRECT11 the game flows well enough.. but when I turn Open GL on the graphics are wonderful but the game slows down and yet I have a GTX660 Nvidia and Open GL should be better than Direct3d for graphics.. :-| Pity..

Goku24

I just downloaded it, I like it so far had to tweak different settings with sound and graphics I had set from an older version but I have been running resident evil on very high settings, its been fun trying to push the limits from my older cpu I am surprised how high i can set some things too and how amazing and smooth its running, i almost have it perfect
Dunno what to say. I am using an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU 3,40 GHz, 8 G Ram, Nvidia GTX660 and Res Umbrella Chronicles slows down in many scenes, and when shooting too. If it's a problem of setting the dolphin, I am here to collect hints to play it better :-)

Goku24

(12-06-2013, 08:21 AM)Max73BO Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno what to say. I am using an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU 3,40 GHz, 8 G Ram, Nvidia GTX660 and Res Umbrella Chronicles slows down in many scenes, and when shooting too. If it's a problem of setting the dolphin, I am here to collect hints to play it better :-)
Wii is very demanding, general rule of thumb to try and what I am doing as well being new to dolphin is lower the settings until it runs perfect then slowly turn up performance settings and keep testing to know your limits.
(12-06-2013, 08:21 AM)Max73BO Wrote: [ -> ]I am using an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU 3,40 GHz, 8 G Ram, Nvidia GTX660 and Res Umbrella Chronicles slows down in many scenes, and when shooting too

This game is very very demanding. Your 3770 at stock clock, even with TB, isn't enough to get constant full-speed in this game. With my 3570K, overclocked to 4.2, I've still got some slowdowns here and there
hmmm but I know u can't pass a certain amount of temperature. Overlocking's not the best solution I think. Games should go without forcing or better buy a real wii then! LOL
I thought a pc like mine could do the trick :-| The alternative is buying a wii then. No other way. Or.. you get to be happy with the games you can play on pc the way you can and that's that :-)
anyway now the RES is working fine. I ticked every option in the graphics settings LOL and it's going pretty well. I am sorry for Silent Hill Shattered Memories.. still works very slow and glitchy
Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Zelda Skyward are a good compensation anyway LOL They work great!
Pages: 1 2