Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MSI GX60 3AE-212FR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I'm new with Dolphin.
I wish I could play to my favorite Gamecube games like The Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask (wait, I only played with Zelda games??) and Mario Kart Double Dash (no Cool ).

I bought a new PC one year ago with a configuration set up to run actual (actual from last year thus) PC games with high quality of details. I played to Skyrim, Borderlands and Hitman with high details without issues (medium for Hitman btw).

I heard from some specialized forum this laptop has one default : its processor. It is actually bounding the GPU capacity...
Too bad, I read here the Dolphin emulator use essentially the processor :/

Here is the config (the laptop I bougth last year)
http://www.materiel.net/ordinateur-porta...89143.html

I just tried to launch "The Wind Waker" but its not running in a way I could enjoy the game (the FPS came low sometimes in spite of my low details settings) !

Can you help me a bit to understand that ? I have to confess, I did not understand everythings in the available settings... There are so many choices depending on specific configuration ! I need some start points to understand that.
Is my laptop really so bad at running GC games ??
Do I have to overclock my laptop ? I never did that before, is it safe even for a laptop ?

Thanks a lot for your help, and thanks for ceating such a great tool Blush
Seems you're getting either CPU bottlenecked or Dolphin is using the integrated graphics. Assign Dolphin to high-performance in Catayst Control Center.
The Ax series APU chips don't have great per-core speeds compared to Intel i5/i7 3rd or 4th gen CPUs.
If what Anti-Ultimate suggested doesn't work, you're getting a CPU bottleneck.
Well. It seems that Dolphin actually uses the integrated graphics...
[Image: mini_230633Capture.png]

By the way, I tried to install GPU Z to check it but I can't. I am stucked on that display
[Image: mini_451093Capture.png]

And, I also tried to install Catalyst Control Center, but I can't see any option to configure my graphic card. I guess I downloaded the wrong CCC ?
[Image: mini_674404Capture.png]

NB: Note that I bought this laptop with Windows 8 installed and 2 weeks later, I removed it to install Win7 x64. I got some trouble with my drivers there...
Under preferences, look for an advanced view option to get the full control center setup
Try just the .zip version of GPU-Z, not the installer version
A10 5xxxM iGPU (integrated GPU) is pretty good for dolphin afaik , it's faster than Intel HD 4600 . He won't get more speed by switching GPU unless he uses high internal resolution such as 3xIR (higher than 1080p) or higher . However , A10 5xxxM CPU is low-end . It's slower than most modern dual core i3 even though it's quad core (Well , it's not a true quad core btw) and it's extreme bad at single threaded performance which Dolphin requires
Use CPUZ to check CPU clock speed when Dolphin running . If it run at stock speed instead of turbo core , try to force your battery settings at high performance . Still not work ? There is nothing you can do , AMD Trinity / Rickland mobile CPU are locked to the core
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-la...ance-guide
I ran the executable in the zip folder downloaded from techpowerup. I thought it was an installer. However, it still doesn't work!
And I can't figure out any option to manage my graphic card settings in the CCC.

I got this with CPU Z
[Image: mini_626235Capture.png]

Note that in the graphic tab, only the integrated GPU is recognize (maybe its normal since we are investigating on the CPU?)

Thanks for your help!
Your laptop did its best . You're using LLE backend which is very demanding on CPU side ! CPU bottleneck for sure , this has nothing to do with your GPU since Zelda WW is a light-weight game .
There is no way you can make the game run full speed with LLE backend unless you have a very powerful rig (i5 4670k + Z87 mobo ) or a Haswell gaming laptop (prefer : i7 4700MQ or better CPU)

If you want more speed then go back to your audio settings and choose HLE instead
So, finally, I was able to run GPU Z (after waiting like 15 minutes on the previous screen).
[Image: mini_810911Capture.png]

But from here, I cant choose my AMD Radeon 7970M. The soft become very slow and not responds...
Here it is! I finally decided to uninstall every AMD drivers and downloaded the last Catalyst version.
I now have a Catalyst Control Center.
[Image: mini_716465Capture.png]

From here I added High Performance to the Dolphin executable but still, the 7970M doesn't appear in the Dolphin Adaptater configuration Sad

Admin89, I heard what you said but still, for the moment, my graphic card is not working properly and I wish I could repair this before insulting my CPU :]
Pages: 1 2