Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MSI GX60 3AE-212FR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Don't bother with the drop down in Dolphin. As long as it is set under Catalyst, it will use the high performance card. When you start a game, look at the last line that shows up on the screen. It should say your high performance card.
Then I've to confess, my CPU is a shitty one :')

Do you think the overclocking could be a solution? Or definitly not, I just have to wait for my next laptop (which I'll choose more carefully!)

Edit : Twilight Princess and Mario Kart are playable. Only the wind waker is slow (75%) when launched...
You can't overclock a locked multiplier chip . Your CPU has already run at maximum turbo core speed : 3.2GHz (Quad core turbo mode , 3.5GHz is single core turbo mode)
OK. I definity picked the wrong CPU :]

Thanks for your help!
You should look at notebookcheck before you buy a laptop for Dolphin
A10 5750M Quad Core is on par with 2nd gen Core i3 2330M @ 2.2GHz Dual Core . Latest gen of Intel CPU is 4th gen Haswell which is 20% faster than 3rd gen Ivy Bridge in Dolphin , 2nd gen Sandy Bridge technology is 2 years old . Since Dolphin is a dual core application , A10 can't use its full potential and it should be slower than i3 2330M (full potential as being a dual core) in Dolphin
Pages: 1 2