Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Buying on Amazon for Christmas? Support Dolphin in 1 click
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey everyone,

Christmas is coming, and I guess a lot of people here are going to shop on Amazon for gifts and stuff. Just so you know, there is a way for you to support the Dolphin project when buying products on Amazon without it costing you anything, assuming you are using the US Amazon website (amazon.com not amazon.fr/.de/...)!

It's very simple: use this url to go shopping on Amazon. If you do so, the Dolphin project gets 4-6% of the cost of anything you buy from Amazon, and the prices are the same for you. The money comes from Amazon through their affiliate program.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, make sure the tag is present in the URL before adding an item to your cart! If you click on an ad on the amazon website, it removes the tag. If this happens, just add "&tag=dolphin-emu-20" at the end of the item URL.
It's a shame . Amazon.co.jp
In theory it would be possible to do it in CA/UK/DE/FR/JP too, but this requires one Amazon Affiliate account per country, and each account needs to be handled separately. Too much work compared to how much it would bring to the project, IMO.
Wish I had known about this last week. I just spent ~700$ on Amazon last week
Oh no, don't say that! No one would have known what opportunity was missed. Sad

So I can add this for all my future Amazon purchases, even ones unrelated to anything about video games, and Dolphin will always get a cut? I will definitely be doing that from now on. I was planning on buying the peripherals necessary to use Dolphin with a real Wiimote through the recommended accessories page. Which way gets Dolphin more money or is it the same?
It's the same.
I'll keep this in mind. Wish I saw this earlier as I just bought a new 200mm fan for my case on Amazon today.
I'm not all that crazy about using amazon now that they tax here in Georgia. You would save so much money, but now that damn sales tax has to rear its ugly head. Brick and mortar companies blah blah....

I'll try to remember to use that link though, if/when I do use amazon.
Bump for visibility. Don't really want to make it a sticky post.
Are you going to keep bumping it all the way till Christmas?
Pages: 1 2 3 4