Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why black screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, i'm italian, so sorry for my english.
I installed dolphin 4.0 and updated drivers and direct3d and setted direct3d9 (deprecated) but when i try to play there is only a black screen. There is the sound of the game but not the video. Some games shows me some picture like the bottom for choose "new game" or "continue".
Can u help me? Thanks Smile
Operating System:Windows x64
Processor/CPU:
intel pentium 2.60GHz 2.60GHz
Video Card/GPU:
Nvidia
Memory/RAM:
4 GB
Try harder, what GPU and OS are you using, and what games exactly are you trying to play?
I use windows 7 x64 but i don't know how to see gpu
i tried to use pokemon box, pokemon colosseum, pokemon XD and luigi's mansion
1- Use a program called CPU-Z and GPU-Z to get processor/graphic card information. They´re free and easy to find.

2- I used to have the same issue, but I fixed it with a strange option. (Honestly, I can´t remember which one was.)

3- If you have Win7, why are you using D3D9 instead of D3D11?
1 i can't use it now so i ll use it tomorrow and i will write the results
2 try to remember please Tongue
3 if i use d3d11 i find an error message: "Failed to initialize direct3d. Make sure your video card supports at least D3D 10.0". Then, I click ok and the resolution changes itself. I don't know why :O
If your GPU doesn't support dx10, then I'd assume it is under powered for dolphin anyway (I dunno since you haven't told us)
CPU-Z:
Spoiler:
GPU-Z:
Spoiler:
Yeah, that doesn't support dx10
:/ so what can i do?
Your CPU is similar to a mid-range first gen i3 mobile in terms of per-core performance. You will get around 80-90% speed in running the Pokemon games.
Your GPU is very underpowered and old. Its only marginally better than the integrated graphics with that CPU.

How long have you had your computer?
Pages: 1 2