Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom texture issue report thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yo guys,
Since everyone's complaining about custom textures being broken in d3d11 or everywhere, I'd like us to collect information on any issues related to the feature.

Two issues that I kinda know about:
- D3D11 having issues with custom textures
- Texture cache accuracy setting affecting if custom textures work or are broken

If you have any other issues about it, feel free to mention those here as well.

IMPORTANT: I will need good reports. In fact, I'll mercilessly delete all "textures are broken plz help!" responses to this thread. If you want me to actually help me get your issue sorted out, I need you to consider the following "rules":
1. I need exact steps to reproduce the issue. I.e. video backend, config, etc... what parts are broken, how to get there, ...
2. I don't want to download a 1 GB texture pack before testing stuff. Nor do I own all Wii games on the planet. Mention any games that your specific issues happen with; in a next step (once we figure out which of these games I own) it'll be your job to find a specific texture that is broken, so that I only have to download one texture instead of a whole pack.

Yes, I know I'm asking for much (or maybe not) but yet I want to keep effort minimal on my side. I'll appreciate any help that I get from you guys Wink
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles (PAL-SX4P01)
Dolphin Info: Tested on build 4.0-201.
Dolphin Settings:
  • D3D11
  • Resolution: 1280x720 (Fullscreen: 1920x1080) -- Internal Res: 3x Native -- AF: 16X (Tried with 1X as well) -- AA: None
  • Scaled EFB Copy Enabled

Now, as for the hacks that I tried to get it to work with D3D11:
  • EFB to Texture OR RAM (Enable Cache): Tried both. Same result.
  • Texture Cache: Tried both Safe and Fast
  • OpenMP Texture Decoder: Tried with this option enabled as well as disabled. Same result.
  • Advanced: Load Custom Textures enabled.

Example Screenshot of what actually happens:
Spoiler:
The above screenshot is right at the start of the game really... the loading screen.

Here are some more examples:

D3D9 Screenshot:
Spoiler:
D3D11 Screenshot:
Spoiler:
Hope this provides some useful info for you.
If you need any more info let me know and I'll post it.
Yeah, I don't have XC, unfortunately. I'll compile a list of games that I have access to once I've got some time for that.
That's too bad. Sad

I'll see if you have some games that I might have as well once you post the list, then I'll see if there's texture packs available for said games to be tested with.

You don't happen to have any of the Resident Evil games either? (I know there's some texture packs for those, and I have the games).
Just FYI, Tales of Symphonia texture pack works with D3D11. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ta...s-textures Feel free to remove this post if this information is not helpful.
I just added my game list. It's kinda incomplete but should cover most of them.
Partial report here (someone bug me via PM if I forget to go into detail within a week or so)

Game: SMG PAL
Settings: Settings from the old 'Settings for best speed' thread from Starscream, + DX11, LLE audio, and Skip EFB CPU access turned off, as these are what the game requires to run, Load custom textures, 3-4x IR, AF X16. More settings can be tested upon request
Texture pack: Rdilus' SMG HUD pack, with all files renamed to match the equivalents in my Dump/Textures/RMGP01 folder, as he used the US game with safe texcache, and I don't
Tex Cache: Fast
Build: reproducible in 3.5 and 4.0
Bit of the game to see low-res textures: Practically anywhere, as it replaces the HUD including splash screen elements etc.

Additional notes: This works in any build I've tried (3.0, assorted 3.0-3.5 builds, 3.5 itself) with DX9, and doesn't where I've tried DX11 (3.5 and 4.0). I have noticed different texcache settings produce different hashcodes in dumped texture names, which would explain part of the 'Texcache affects whether texture packs work' issue.

If further correspondence is required, it may take about a week, as I'll be away from my desktop, which has all my .ISOs.
Can you give me a link to that HUD pack?
bump for AnyOldName3.
Probably https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-su...xture-pack seeing how he posted in that thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4