Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: When is Dolphin 4.0.1 coming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since it's been established that the current 4.0 version of Dolphin has a bug and there is a statement in the blog "we will release a Dolphin 4.0.1 version fixing this bug", when will this version 4.0.1 be released?

In the meantime, which version should I download?

Thanks.
When a dev with windows puts the time into figuring out how to do it. So... no idea.

Just use the latest development version in the meantime. It would be newer than 4.0.1 anyway.
No one knows. And in the meantime, use the development revisions.
Well, from what I know, 4.0.1 is done (take a look at "hotfix" branch at Google Code). Delroth was going to release it but in the random thread he said that asked people somewhere (IRC I think) to test and after 3 days got absolutely no response. This, in conjunction with some other things related to Dolphin codebase, pissed him off and now in his forum profile he's "away" and at Google Code he isn't even listed as a developer anymore...
(10-21-2013, 06:26 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Well, from what I know, 4.0.1 is done (take a look at "hotfix" branch at Google Code). Delroth was going to release it but in the random thread he said that asked people somewhere (IRC I think) to test and after 3 days got absolutely no response. This, in conjunction with some other things related to Dolphin codebase, pissed him off and now in his forum profile he's "away" and at Google Code he isn't even listed as a developer anymore...
Hopefully he haven't left forever and for good, he handled many things in dolphin, besides his code he was also responsible for the 4.0 release, the new site, etc. No wonder that 4.0.1 "froze" then.
delroth has left for good and won't come back. Just saying.
He said that before, though, straight after the AX-HLE rewrite and then came back eventually. I don't expect him to do a Gabriel Belmont, but there's always a chance.
Yeah, not this time, really.
I'm curious (and don't want to make a new thread for this question): just how up to date is 4.0.1? Is every fix incorporated up until version 4.0-259 (was released just before 4.0.1 came out)?
(10-23-2013, 06:05 PM)xystus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious (and don't want to make a new thread for this question): just how up to date is 4.0.1? Is every fix incorporated up until version 4.0-259 (was released just before 4.0.1 came out)?
No, it's just 4.0 and few bugfixes. No new features on 4.0.1
Pages: 1 2 3