Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: direct 9 and 11 ...!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi there..im playing with Dolphin 4 these days and its awesom..thanx alot

but i tried to download the latest updated version and its 4.0 242
i tried to play Zelda WW but there's no Direct3D9 and DX11?
i found only Direct3D...!! what happned to 9 and 11?
DirectX11 should really not be called Direct3D, reason in this thread. At least explain it's DirectX11 in the toolbox Tongue
oh thanx for the link..i know Dx11 is better
but alot of games work better with Dx9

so that means no more suffer with DX11?
Dx9 has been removed so the other backends can be improved which they couldn't already because DX9 has been holding them back.
(10-19-2013, 07:33 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]DirectX11 should really not be called Direct3D, reason in this thread. At least explain it's DirectX11 in the toolbox Tongue
It has been renamed to Direct3D because noobs were confused about how it also supported Direct3D10 GPUs and "Direct3D 10/11" would've technically been incorrect because.. well, it's Direct3D11 :p
So if that's the case, then how come only d3d9 displays Link correctly in skyward sword?
If both D3D11 and OpenGL have a problem, you can use an older build and use D3D9. It's simple.
(10-20-2013, 06:02 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]So if that's the case, then how come only d3d9 displays Link correctly in skyward sword?
Because we have no idea what you're talking about and you haven't reported a bug about it.
Fwiw drhycodan, if you're referring to this issue EFB2RAM completely avoids getting a "Half-Link" on any backend, according to the wiki. D3D9 isn't a requirement to properly emulate that portion of the game, although EFB2RAM can be demanding for some hardware.
Pages: 1 2