Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Water Cooling help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone recommend some parts to water cool a athlon x4 760k? I want the loop to be completely custom because I want to add my gpu to the loop. The reason I'm water cooling is because the athlon x4 760k's ability to overclock is directly related to temperatures.
Why on earth would you want to water cool that?
(10-18-2013, 09:03 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why on earth would you want to water cool that?
Because low temperatures = high overclocking ability.
You could save more by upgrading your system.
(10-18-2013, 11:11 AM)Visionary Wrote: [ -> ]You could save more by upgrading your system.
no i wouldn't. i would spend more and still add water cooling.
But you could get a faster system without water cooling >.> (even with OC)
(10-18-2013, 11:51 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]But you could get a faster system without water cooling >.> (even with OC)
I want to overclock this cpu until Kaveri comes out. Then I will replace the cpu. I want to water cool. It's not really about overclocking its more about me wanting to water cool my computer.
My point was you should have gotten intel
(10-18-2013, 11:54 AM)DatKid20 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2013, 11:51 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]But you could get a faster system without water cooling >.> (even with OC)
I want to overclock this cpu until Kaveri comes out. Then I will replace the cpu. I want to water cool. It's not really about overclocking its more about me wanting to water cool my computer.
If you're desperate, you could probably just put some bits of garden hose and some LED lights, and decorate them and pretend it's water cooling. This could cost as little as £10, and then you'd be able to buy an Intel system powerful enough to beat that chip no matter how much you overclocked it.
(10-19-2013, 05:45 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2013, 11:54 AM)DatKid20 Wrote: [ -> ]
If you're desperate, you could probably just put some bits of garden hose and some LED lights, and decorate them and pretend it's water cooling. This could cost as little as £10, and then you'd be able to buy an Intel system powerful enough to beat that chip no matter how much you overclocked it.
I don't WANT a intel system. Does anyone get that? I want to have Kaveri so getting a intel system is counter-productive. I don't need to beat a intel system. I don't play any heavy games so I will get full speed in all the games I do play. (The only Wii/GC games I really play are Brawl/Melee)
Pages: 1 2