Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this laptop run SSBM/SSBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys, I'm kind of a newb when it comes to this stuff and I've done my fair bit of research, but I want to ask for another opinion just in case. I've been shopping around for a new laptop and I've come to find http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834312438

For what it is, I thought that the laptop was a really good deal and I was definitely interested. However, I would like to be able to run melee, brawl, and project m on it. The specs are (for those who don't want to click the link):

Intel Core i5-3230M 2.6GHz

6GB DDR3

Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M SLI

2GB Video Memory

Windows 8

To my current understanding, SLI doesn't work with dolphin which is a problem, but for the price I don't know if I would want another laptop. If anyone could tell me if dolphin would reliably run these games at 60fps without drops, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
These games won't run at 60fps without drops. But they'll be playable
(10-16-2013, 12:49 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]These games won't run at 60fps without drops. But they'll be playable
Do you think you could explain what the weakness about this laptop is in regards to dolphin?
Your CPU mainly
And the CPU can't be OC'd or anything?

And I just found this, would this be any better?
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ide...#customize

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I want to be absolutely sure that I don't spend nearly 1k on something that doesn't do what I want :X
If you want that then you'll want a desktop
(10-16-2013, 01:04 AM)nakatayuji Wrote: [ -> ]And the CPU can't be OC'd or anything?

Overclocking a laptop isn't recommended.

(10-16-2013, 01:04 AM)nakatayuji Wrote: [ -> ]And I just found this, would this be any better?

It's better
Ideally I would get a desktop, but the problem with being a college student is that it's kind of mandatory to have a laptop on the go Sad
And I see that it's better, but will it run at 100%?

Thanks Smile
(10-16-2013, 01:14 AM)nakatayuji Wrote: [ -> ]Ideally I would get a desktop, but the problem with being a college student is that it's kind of mandatory to have a laptop on the go Sad

Thanks Smile

Well, if you already have a laptop, why not keep that for laptop purposes and buy a desktop? Money goes further, my friend...

EDIT:

[whack]

That was the sound of me hitting myself. For, y'know, not being able to read...
(10-16-2013, 01:19 AM)dh2005 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2013, 01:14 AM)nakatayuji Wrote: [ -> ]Ideally I would get a desktop, but the problem with being a college student is that it's kind of mandatory to have a laptop on the go Sad

Thanks Smile

Well, if you already have a laptop, why not keep that for laptop purposes and buy a desktop? Money goes further, my friend...
The plan is to donate my current laptop to my younger sister, as she has less intensive needs for a computer, so I figured it made more sense considering portability is important to me.
Pages: 1 2 3