Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot load game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MisterSquared

Hello there!

I posted this in the SVN builds forum but didn't get any ideas.

I'm having trouble loading SSBB using any builds past 2745.
I was able to successfully load it using 2195, but I have the NTSC to PAL modded version and gives me the disc load error.
Upon 'Playing' the game it opens a black window and then pops up with the Windows '*** has encountered an error and will be shut down' and asks me if I want to submit my problem.
I went and looked in my logs to see what went wrong. Here's what happened:

exceptioninfo.txt:

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
0x0344C301 : ?

dolphin.log

58:05:656 W: COMMON IsDirectory: stat failed on ./USER/WII/TITLE/00000001/00000002/CONTENT: The system cannot find the path specified.

I went in and created the directories and got:

02:27:312 E: DIO CreateFromDirectory: error opening ./USER/WII/TITLE/00000001/00000002/CONTENT/title.tmd

Any ideas on how to remedy this?
Do those log errors look familiar to anyone?

My computers specs:
AMD Phenom X3 8400 (3 CPUS 2.1 GHz)
2816 MB RAM
nVidia GeFOrce 8200 Integrated RAMDAC 512 MB
Windows XP SP3

I have all the necessary C++ packages and DirectX extras from the sticky.

Thanks!

*EDIT*
Pictures:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/c...5build.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/c...0build.jpg
It's not the best way to play Brawl I wanna say. You'd better wait for NTSC fix

MisterSquared

(04-02-2009, 05:19 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the best way to play Brawl I wanna say. You'd better wait for NTSC fix

Regardless, shouldn't it STILL get to the 'Load Disc Screen'?
Well, the way you made will only work for Wii, but not for Dolphin. Dolphin relies on memory paths, while Wii - on actual game Smile

MisterSquared

(04-02-2009, 05:23 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the way you made will only work for Wii, but not for Dolphin. Dolphin relies on memory paths, while Wii - on actual game Smile

I appreciate your quick answers, but, why would a newer build not work the same way as an older build? That's what I am asking. Why does 2195 (which supposedly doesn't support SSBB) give me a disc error screen while 2813 (compiled 2 nights ago) just crash?
Something may be fixed, something may be broken when going to next revisions
(04-02-2009, 05:29 AM)monkey9926 Wrote: [ -> ]so the NTSC version will eventually work?

No
then what did you mean by "NTSC Fix"?
(04-02-2009, 05:35 AM)monkey9926 Wrote: [ -> ]then what did you mean by "NTSC Fix"?

He meant that you will have too wait for the Dev team too come out with a SVN build that allows the use of a NTSC version of the game, but unfortunately, I fall into that category >.< so ya just wait for the NTSC version