Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: lagspikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya, I have an issue where I'm getting lagspikes whenever something new is loaded, I'm using dolphin to play melee and whenever I play on a new stage and use a new character I get spikes (otherwise fluent 60 fps). From what I understand this is normal and a cache is built and it should cease to happen after a while, which it does because I have no lagspikes at all the next time I play on the same stage using characters I have used before.

The thing is that every time I reset the game or restart dolphin the same thing happens again, so the cache isn't saved (even though I have been told it should be).

Unless the issue is completely unrelated since I also get spikes when I use opengl, and from what I understand opengl does not even use a cache (I could be completely wrong here).

I'm using dolphin 3.5-2468 (need to use this one for melee netplay).

[Image: 6a3p.jpg]

[Image: 5kd4.jpg]
poked around a bit and the cache is indeed saved, tried deleting it and it started recreating the files next time I started the game, but the next time I start the game it doesn't load the cache again, it just starts recreating it (the file size eventually increases when I load something new).