Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on Windows 8.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm thinking of upgrading my Windows 7 box to Windows 8.1

I'm just wondering if there any issues with Dolphin on this platform?

I'm half way through some games so i don't want it to break on me.

Thanks.
From my Dolphin experience in Win8, I havenĀ“t got any issue yet.

So yes, you can use it safely in Windows 8.
Dolphin works fine in Windows 8.1
I've been having issues getting Dolphin to run on my laptop. I should be able to run it with a AMD Radeon and 6 Gigs of RAM on windows 8.1, but it keps crashing after a couple of minutes of gameplay. I also tried running it in compatibility mode for windows 7 + Vista + XP and ran as admin. Any ideas what's up?
@ ZatarZero: Need exact CPU/GPU specs and pics of config pages, or we can't help.
(01-29-2014, 03:26 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]@ ZatarZero: Need exact CPU/GPU specs and pics of config pages, or we can't help.

Sorry. My bad. Here's all the specs and some screenshots for reference.

Processor: AMD E1-1200 with Radeon HD Graphics 1.4 GHz
Memory: 6.00G (5.57 Usable)
Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64 Operating System, x64 Based Processor
The only problem I've noticed in Windows 8.1 is that it will give black screen when you try to upgrade (/reinstall/downgrade) Nvidia drivers.

I've benchmarked between Windows 7 and 8.1 for Dolphin and doesn't see any differences.
(01-29-2014, 06:37 PM)Lucario Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem I've noticed in Windows 8.1 is that it will give black screen when you try to upgrade (/reinstall/downgrade) Nvidia drivers.

I've benchmarked between Windows 7 and 8.1 for Dolphin and doesn't see any differences.

ok. I'll try it with the duo core setting disabled since it mentions something about crashes caused by running it. Hopefully that will fix the issue. if so, I'll settle for slower speed over not being able to use it.
(01-29-2014, 07:28 PM)ZatarZero Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2014, 06:37 PM)Lucario Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem I've noticed in Windows 8.1 is that it will give black screen when you try to upgrade (/reinstall/downgrade) Nvidia drivers.

ok. I'll try it with the duo core setting disabled since it mentions something about crashes caused by running it. Hopefully that will fix the issue. if so, I'll settle for slower speed over not being able to use it.

I meant to say black screen in Windows itself... I had to uninstall it through safe mode (then install like usual but never ever re-install/up/downgrade). Sorry for the confusion.

There is Nvidia drivers setup in Windows 8.1 update list and I happened to install what I just downloaded from the Nvidia website and it throw black screen on me. Be warned Tongue
(01-29-2014, 08:42 PM)Lucario Wrote: [ -> ]I meant to say black screen in Windows itself... I had to uninstall it through safe mode. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries. The emulator worked until it crashed every time, so perhaps by removing that one feature it might fix the problem. I'll give it a go and post here with the results of the test once I am able to verify the results.
Pages: 1 2