Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: MH Tri sound crackling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sound crackling is back on Dolphin 4.0 and it's not because it's slow coz even at 30fps and higher it still crackles. I am playing on official 3.5 and even when there are slow downs the sound only plays slower and it doesn't crackle like it does on 4.0. I've tried everything I can. Disabled idle skipping, put DSP on LLE, changed Audio Backend, turned on and off DSPLLE on separate thread, changed OpenAL audio latency and still, the problem persists. The thing is, 4.0 is faster than 3.5 but got sound issues.
Can you post a sound sample for us to hear?

A 1 minute video of you playing your game on youtube should be fine. Just remember to record the title bar so we can see the % and FPS as well Smile
uhh... I don't have a recording software. Can you recommend one ?
Dolphin can record the sound for you. Check Dump Audio in the DSP options. This will place it in your Dolphin's Dump/Audio folder naturally. You can check this option during gameplay, so wait until you hear the crackling to avoid unnecessarily large files.
It says the type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type.
Oh and I was wrong when I said that 4.0 was faster than 3.5. It's the opposite. 3.5 is faster and has no sound issues while 4.0 is slower and has sound issues. Also, I have a freezing problem with this game that didn't happen even once earlier in the game. Tried 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 and it still freezes. Does anyone know how to stop it ?

Edit :
Oh wait youtube.
Youtube doesn't accept audio files. What should I do ?
Just upload the audio file to some other file hosting website. Mega, MediaFire, etc. There are plenty of options.
Here's the file
http://www.mediafire.com/?wo9temn55ck7rc2
I've listened to the audio myself but I find it hard to discern the crackling sound. I think it'll be better if you played it on dolphin coz I can hear the crackling better that way.
Also I've fixed the freezing.

Edit : I forgot to mention that the audio crackling doesn't only happen when fighting but on the menu as well.
This is just my untrained ear but it certainly doesnt SOUND like it is running full speed. If it isnt running full speed than sound issues like skipping and crackling can occur I believe.
As I said, it is running in full speed. 30 fps even higher when I turn the limiter off. And it happens on menu too where if I turn the limiter off I get up to 190 FPS which is 6X faster than normal so I can run the menu in full speed.

In 0:20 - 0:31 of the audio the music that is playing there is the music on the menu and you can hear that it crackles
Do you get the same issue with LLE? And with other games?
Pages: 1 2