Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't do Netplay with 2 wiimotes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So me and my friend decided to try out netplay now that wiimotes can be used, just to test it out. However, it would always just be frozen at the very beginning of the emulation, of course, I remembered that something like this is due to it waiting for controller inputs however, no matter what we tried it would just always freeze there. After a few hours of testing we found out that it worked just fine if only one of us had a wiimote and the other had none or a GC pad, but whenever we would try and add a 2nd wiimote it would just freeze like always.

We are both using 4.0-90.
(09-28-2013, 05:53 AM)SiegStrife Wrote: [ -> ]So me and my friend decided to try out netplay now that wiimotes can be used, just to test it out. However, it would always just be frozen at the very beginning of the emulation, of course, I remembered that something like this is due to it waiting for controller inputs however, no matter what we tried it would just always freeze there. After a few hours of testing we found out that it worked just fine if only one of us had a wiimote and the other had none or a GC pad, but whenever we would try and add a 2nd wiimote it would just freeze like always.

Did you use emulated wiimotes or real wiimotes? Only emulated wiimotes are supported at this point. Either way, I don't know the specifics on wiimote netplay at the moment and will be investigating them soon.
(09-28-2013, 09:15 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2013, 05:53 AM)SiegStrife Wrote: [ -> ]So me and my friend decided to try out netplay now that wiimotes can be used, just to test it out. However, it would always just be frozen at the very beginning of the emulation, of course, I remembered that something like this is due to it waiting for controller inputs however, no matter what we tried it would just always freeze there. After a few hours of testing we found out that it worked just fine if only one of us had a wiimote and the other had none or a GC pad, but whenever we would try and add a 2nd wiimote it would just freeze like always.

Did you use emulated wiimotes or real wiimotes? Only emulated wiimotes are supported at this point. Either way, I don't know the specifics on wiimote netplay at the moment and will be investigating them soon.
Emulated, forgot to mention that.
Make sure extensions are the same for both the first and second wiimote.
(09-28-2013, 12:48 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure extensions are the same for both the first and second wiimote.
We both had extensions set to 'none'. We also tried using the same profile so our configurations would be exactly the same.
If you were playing nsmbw, this is fixed in the latest version. If not, it may or may not be.
(09-29-2013, 01:41 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]If you were playing nsmbw, this is fixed in the latest version. If not, it may or may not be.
It was indeed nsmbw, and yes, it works fine now, thanks for the help. I haven't tested this yet so I wish to ask: does classic controller work?
Yup.­

NoelAramis

Me and my friend tried to play NSMBW with emulated Wiimote's on Netplay, both of us having exactly the same configuration and settings and same Dolphin versions (we've tried both Dolphin version 4.0-90 and 4.0-100), but it doesn't work..

We can both enter the lobby, and then start the game, and the game starts normally, but it doesn't register us pressing any keys on the keyboard, as if the Wiimote buttons weren't set. I don't understand what we're doing wrong.

Here's a few screenshots of the configuration, if it helps:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Can you please help me?

Thanks.
Use latest master, NSMBWii was broken for a while.
Pages: 1 2