Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin running too fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dont know what happened, because it used to work fine. I have been playing with Project64 and bSnes for a few days, and today tested Dolphin again. No matter what limit i use for FPS, the games run 90-160fps, gamespeed 115-170+%.. Tried with HLE and the result is the same. Tried also with OpenGL, DX9 and no difference.. Downloaded the newest Dolphin (4.0-88) and no change. Dont get me wrong the high fps is nice for a change, but it the audio causes ear bleeding in that speed.
This happens especially with paper mario and Resident Evil Archives, mostly because those are currently my only (PC) GC games.
Does this only happen when running in fullscreen mode? I think I noticed something in 4.0 where Dolphin would run without frame rate limits when certain Framelimit options were set. It only happened in fullscreen mode. I've been out of town and unable to thoroughly it more. What are your Framelimit settings?
Framelimit :60. Tried also audio (with LLE) and without. Tried auto also.. I'll have to investigate this further, because this is not normal.. Maybe my ES CPU is finally dying or something.
You didn't answer anything about whether you were playing in fullscreen or not :p
(09-27-2013, 12:48 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't answer anything about whether you were playing in fullscreen or not :p
Yes, fullscreen. Tried windowed also and no change. I usually use these settings -->

Dual Core:yes, Enable idle skipping:yes, Framelimit:60

JIT recompiler, dsp HLE with OpenAL (only one that works for me), OpenAL latency:0-2ms

D3D11, 1920x1200, Aspect:auto, Fullscreen:yes, V-sync:no, IR:2.5x-3x, AF:2-4x, Scaled EFB copy:yes, Force texture filtering:yes

Ignore format changes:yes, EFB copies:RAM with cache, Texture cache:fast, EFB:no, Fast depth calculation:yes

Crop:yes

It seems that i fixed the problem, i enabled log fps and after restarted Dolphin smooth 30/60fps !? WTF.. Its like the framelimit option was ignored completely, but somehow this fixed it. Strange
Try enabling "Limit by FPS"...
I also have this problem with Mario Strikers Charged. Runs way too fast and the sound is static-like. Just ran ToS-Dawn of the New World and it runs smooth and fine @ 60fps. Before it works fine with all games on my HD 7770, but with this GTX 760 Mario Strikes Charged runs way too fast. I also have all that Anti-aliasing maxed and such.
Set Framelimit to Auto... (?)
... or to "Audio"
Setting it to 'Audio' seemed to make it too slow and fall behind, but it didn't cause static. I tried locking it to both 60 and 30 fps, neither helped.
Pages: 1 2