Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0-46+ widescreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the real Wii i had the widescreen option, but with Dolphin the (16:9) does not make the games to run in 16:9. Why is this ? If i use any kind of "force" option to do it, the games go a little bonkers. For example RE Archives displays objects "doubled/tripled" and the actual objects do not scale with the image. With previous i mean that for example in the main hall there are those pillars, and when playing "forced 16:9" the pillars change place only "in the image", but not in the game (you can collide in them in a place where should not be anything).
Any advice ?
Have you selected 16:9 in Config => Wii?
(09-24-2013, 10:04 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Have you selected 16:9 in Config => Wii?

Yes i have, and it does not make the games run in 16:9 for me. If i force 16:9, games will run in widescreen but it is just a "stretched" widescreen. The only way i got a "almost" proper 16:9 was to select 4:3 from the settings and force 16:9. The game objects are not stretched that way, but there are other problems like mentioned above..
Could my screen resolution have something to do with this problem ? I have a screen with native 1920x1200 resolution, so it is 16:10. And when i play i use the desktop native resolutin (1920x1200) and in-game resolution native x3.
In this case, using "Force 16:9" in the Graphics config should result in a widescreen image with very small black bars at the top and bottom. Then, enabling "Crop" in Graphics => Advanced should provide a proper 16:10 image output for your system...
Ok, thanks Smile

Edit: Tested and it works. Thanks again