Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin config for Paper Mario TTYD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

wiesio52

Hello, please help with config to Paper Mario TTYD on GC. At the beginning of the game i have 100% speed but when i'm playing more it lowers to 50% and i can't play. Specification of my PC:

Intel Core i3-2310M 2.10 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT520M
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 x64

Thanks a lot!
Average weight game. Weak processor. Not a good combination.

Try overclocking.
You can't OC most Intel mobile CPUs, and OCing in general is not recommended for most laptops. You can use Turbo Boost, but if your temperatures get too high, the CPU will throttle back to reduce heat. This sounds like a likely scenario for what's happening to you.

Use CPU-Z to grab the CPU's current running frequency and CoreTemp or RealTemp to view your CPU's temps. Monitor both while playing Dolphin. If your CPU's speed drops after reaching a certain temp, than you know it's throttling. Unless you get a cooling solution (e.g. modding the case to attach a fan at the base, or playing in a sufficiently cold external environment) you're most likely stuck with this heat issue (cooling pads won't help).
Turn efb copies -> ram to texture instead. The punies won't look right but it will give speed up. Your gpu should be enough for 1xIR but not any higher so make sure you're playing the game at that resolution. And make sure your notebook is set to high performance mode.
(09-22-2013, 01:01 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Average weight game. Weak processor. Not a good combination.

Try overclocking.
He's on a laptop so overclocking is a no-no. Especially since his seems like a media notebook, judging by the specs, and it won't have great cooling.
Edit: Ninja'd
(09-22-2013, 01:23 AM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2013, 01:01 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Average weight game. Weak processor. Not a good combination.

Try overclocking.
He's on a laptop so overclocking is a no-no. Especially since his seems like a media notebook, judging by the specs, and it won't have great cooling.

He's right on one point though. His CPU will be too weak for most games
But i3 has HT, so maybe some extra threading options could help.
Extra threads won´t help at all, unless you want the DSP to use one of them.

Also, personally I wouldn´t recommend the i3 if a Dolphin user looks forward for good performance...
What does HT have to do with the OPs issue?
@NaturalViolence: No idea, but I´m sure that (HyperThreading) won´t help.
That was just a tought. Just noticed that if the LLE can use "dedicated thread", then maybe there is a setting assing other functions to threads. At least one would think so in the year 2013.. Let's just say that it was a lucky guess Smile

Maybe i have no clue what i am talking about, but for example my htpc has 32 threads. So one would think that i could take use of those.. Still, i have not encountered a single piece of software that does. That would be a nice option for Dolphin tough, so then you could run games with lower spec cpu because the Dolphin software itself scales better.
Pages: 1 2