Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will I be able to run Twilight Princess on my MBP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

I am running the latest version of Dolphin 3.5-2435. I tried running my copy of Loz Twilight Princess on it.
But I was only able to get 20 fps. I read that Dolphin mainly relies on CPU and lesser on GPU.

Is my MacBook Pro good enough to run it? If yes, are my settings inaccurate?
Will I be able to run it if the graphics settings are toned down? (I have the WideScreen Hack activated)

Specs:
OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion
Dual Core 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 Processor(Turboboost upto 3.6GHz)
8 GB RAM
Intel HD4000 Integrated Graphics

I suspect my GPU is quite under-qualified for this, but I want to be sure.
Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

PS: I'm also running Windows 7 x64 in Boot Camp. Should I try running Dolphin on that?
What i7 exactly, the turbo boost is probably for 4 cores and it most likely barely reaches 3GHz in dual core, regardless i doubt you could get fullspeed consistently with that GPU, try setting your IR to 1x and disabling any AA.

(09-20-2013, 12:40 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]
What i7 exactly, the turbo boost is probably for 4 cores and it most likely barely reaches 3GHz in dual core, regardless i doubt you could get fullspeed consistently with that GPU, try setting your IR to 1x and disabling any AA.
[size=small]

I guess this is what you wanna know about my i7:
Family : Ivy Bridge
Model : Core i7-3520M with 4MB L3 cache
Cores : 2
And, I'll try these settings and let you know.
Thanks for ur reply!
(09-20-2013, 12:22 AM)ykcp Wrote: [ -> ]Dual Core 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 Processor
IMO, Intel shouldn't advertise dual cores as i7. People who don't know what they're buying may think it has 4 cores / 8 threads.

Your CPU is good enough for most parts of the game. Hyrule field won't run at fullspeed, and as your CPU only has 2 cores and it's only at 2.9GHz.
The weak point is your GPU. You'll have to play at low resolutions.
(09-20-2013, 12:57 AM)masterotaku Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2013, 12:22 AM)ykcp Wrote: [ -> ]Dual Core 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 Processor
IMO, Intel shouldn't advertise dual cores as i7. People who don't know what they're buying may think it has 4 cores / 8 threads.

Your CPU is good enough for most parts of the game. Hyrule field won't run at fullspeed, and as your CPU only has 2 cores and it's only at 2.9GHz.
The weak point is your GPU. You'll have to play at low resolutions.
I'll try reducing the graphics settings and let you know how it works out.
Thanks for your reply!
(09-20-2013, 12:40 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]What i7 exactly, the turbo boost is probably for 4 cores and it most likely barely reaches 3GHz in dual core, regardless i doubt you could get fullspeed consistently with that GPU, try setting your IR to 1x and disabling any AA.
The Internal Resolution is set to 1x.
And Anti-Aliasing to None.

No difference as of yet.
(09-20-2013, 01:41 AM)ykcp Wrote: [ -> ]The Internal Resolution is set to 1x.
And Anti-Aliasing to None.

No difference as of yet.

Then this is probably the best you can get.

You should try other games to confirm this performance
HD4000 integrated graphics won't do more than 1xIR in this game IIRC.
My New Super Mario Bros Wii works perfectly. But I guess it's not demanding at all.
I'll try others and report back.

And just to confirm, the low fps is due to my gpu, r8?
Sorry for the late reply!
Got a bit busy with the college work.

In any case, the settings didn't work. Some of them were already set to minimum.
Well I didn't have much hope anyway. I can't take my GC or my Wii to my hostel, so I guess I'll have to live without playing these games for a while. :/

Thanks for the replies though.
Pages: 1 2