Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low performance on Dolphin 3.5-xxxx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

moisesmac

I'm having problems with version 3.5.
For some reason, the speed drops to about 50% or 60% and the game is freezing.
In version 3.0-xxx I do not have these problems.
Anyone know what can be?

Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz
Video Card/GPU: Amd Radeon 7850
Memory/RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.0-766 x64
Which game?

moisesmac

(09-14-2013, 08:24 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Which game?
All of them. Whether this in DX9 or DX11, they are slow which either way.
I do not think it's configuration, this configuration equal to 3.0 and it does not crash or drops fps.
WHAT game? Saying all of them doesn't really answer anything since they all behave different and you might just try to play the demanding ones.
Quote:this configuration equal to 3.0 and it does not crash or drops fps.

there you go.

moisesmac

(09-15-2013, 08:01 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]WHAT game? Saying all of them doesn't really answer anything since they all behave different and you might just try to play the demanding ones.
Mario Kart Wii, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil Zero and others. Even if I put on minimal settings games freeze and become slow.

Sorry for my english.
CPU overheating?
(09-16-2013, 01:09 AM)moisesmac Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2013, 08:01 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]WHAT game? Saying all of them doesn't really answer anything since they all behave different and you might just try to play the demanding ones.
Mario Kart Wii, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil Zero and others. Even if I put on minimal settings games freeze and become slow.

Sorry for my english.
Have you tried a program called CoreTemp to see if the processor is overheating? That very well could be the cause.
Overclock. the Latest Dev versions ull need at least 4.5ghz to run Mario kart and Mario Galaxy pretty much for fullspeed. (thats what i run it at and i get slowdowns still in multiplayer.)
With that cpu he shouldn't be getting such poor speed even at stock. Especially only in recent revisions and in a wide variety of games. There is clearly a problem with his system beyond his hardware simply being inadequate. Overclocking won't fix that.
Pages: 1 2