Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laptop hardware good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm on a HP laptop and I was wondering if it could run The Legend of Zelda: Wind waker on around 100% speed.
Specs:
Processor: Intel core i5 2410M @ 2.4 GHz
Memory: 8GB 1333 MHz samsung
GPU: AMD HD 6770M

I tried running it myself without chaning anything in the settings and I got around 80% at some points. If there is anything that helps boost the FPS up, it would be appreciated.
Also, I'm having a small problem. In catalyst control center I made sure that Dolphin would run on "High performance" so on my dedicated GPU instead of my intergrated. However, in the Dolphin settings it's on "Intel family graphics" and I cannot change this. Is there any way I can?
Help would be really appreciated!
**** whoops I was thinking skyward **** but why not disable the intel GPU?
(09-13-2013, 12:46 AM)inMind Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on a HP laptop and I was wondering if it could run The Legend of Zelda: Wind waker on around 100% speed.

Which Dolphin build number are you using? Have you downloaded the latest development build at the top of the forum?

(09-13-2013, 12:46 AM)inMind Wrote: [ -> ]Specs:
Processor: Intel core i5 2410M @ 2.4 GHz
Memory: 8GB 1333 MHz samsung
GPU: AMD HD 6770M

Please fill out your profile PC specs as detailed as you did here.

(09-13-2013, 12:46 AM)inMind Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I'm having a small problem. In catalyst control center I made sure that Dolphin would run on "High performance" so on my dedicated GPU instead of my intergrated. However, in the Dolphin settings it's on "Intel family graphics" and I cannot change this. Is there any way I can?
Help would be really appreciated!

Just because you can't see your GPU listed there, it doesn't mean it's not being used.
(09-13-2013, 02:28 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2013, 12:46 AM)inMind Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on a HP laptop and I was wondering if it could run The Legend of Zelda: Wind waker on around 100% speed.

Which Dolphin build number are you using? Have you downloaded the latest development build at the top of the forum?

Yes and no. Before I posted I went around and checked the forums. A few people on different threads claimed that older Dolphin builds give a little bit more performance, so I downloaded an older one and played around that, but as far as I can tell I didn't notice any improvement. Since I know that older builds are not supported, I deleted the older build and as of now I'm playing on the latest one.
(09-13-2013, 02:28 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Which Dolphin build number are you using?
(09-13-2013, 03:00 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2013, 02:28 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Which Dolphin build number are you using?

3.5-2340 Windows x64.
If you right-click on the game in the Dolphin game list, then go to properties and put a check in the box for "DSP HLE Emulation", that should help speeds things up for you.
(09-13-2013, 02:36 AM)inMind Wrote: [ -> ]A few people on different threads claimed that older Dolphin builds give a little bit more performance, so I downloaded an older one and played around that, but as far as I can tell I didn't notice any improvement.

Which build(s) did you use?
A long time ago ( Tongue ) I played this game with the same processor and Dolphin 3.0 and it was fairly playable
(09-13-2013, 03:05 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]If you right-click on the game in the Dolphin game list, then go to properties and put a check in the box for "DSP HLE Emulation", that should help speeds things up for you.

Thanks, but it didn't help a lot. Is there perhaps something else that could possibly boost things up?
Run a game with the OGL video plugin. It will display and on-screen message at the top of the screen and show you which GPU is actually being used.

[Image: VgaeomZ.jpg]

Alternatively, you can try using the DX9 video backend and lower your Dolphin Internal Resolution settings to 1 or 2x and see if that helps at all.
Pages: 1 2