Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laptop hardware good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-13-2013, 05:20 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Run a game with the OGL video plugin. It will display and on-screen message at the top of the screen and show you which GPU is actually being used.

[Image: VgaeomZ.jpg]

Alternatively, you can try using the DX9 video backend and lower your Dolphin Internal Resolution settings to 1 or 2x and see if that helps at all.

I did, and it showed this:

[Image: 20sc3l3.png]

It shows it as "Intel Family HD graphics" however, I have assigned it as "High performance" in CCC.

[Image: 28jwtfl.jpg]
Seriously , just disable that video card in the bios or in system manager, no need to have it working anyways?
That is a horrible idea for a laptop
ah I see so this is a Hybrid Graphic card: AMD ATI Radeon Graphics HD 6770M + Intel HD Graphics 3000. That is kinda hard to deal with. Its possible Dolphin is using the AMD acceleration but just labeling it is intel. When does the game slow down when you run over the island or in general. EFB Copies is set to Texture, right? Also dual core is checked ( should go without saying ).
(09-13-2013, 10:37 PM)ulao Wrote: [ -> ]ah I see so this is a Hybrid Graphic card: AMD ATI Radeon Graphics HD 6770M + Intel HD Graphics 3000. That is kinda hard to deal with. Its possible Dolphin is using the AMD acceleration but just labeling it is intel. When does the game slow down when you run over the island or in general. EFB Copies is set to Texture, right? Also dual core is checked ( should go without saying ).
I have no idea if it's a hybrid GPU. It is switchable in Catalyst though. However, whenever I run a different game (for example Far Cry 3) and I set the game to "Power saving" in the graphical options of the game it is automatically set to very low settings, and also the resolution is very low (changing it to max is also a very low resolution. But, if I change it to "High performance" in Catalyst, the resolution is automatically change to a very high resolution. The resolution that is on power saving isn't even close to the high performance resolution. The graphical options are automatically changed to a higher settings to which the game thinks my laptop can run, which in my case is about medium - high and it's running fine at 30 - 35 FPS.
I don't know if this information helps anything?
Well laptops generally do not have two cards. From what I have read this is a hibrid card and I would not recommend it as its just one more thing that can go wrong. Though in reading, most people do not have issues with it in the gaming world. The info in dolphin is just reading an ID so I would not be surprised if its just the default name of the card.

Your details above are for a PC game. Looks like your are trying to show that the switching software option works. I have no doubt in my mind that it does assuming that you were solely talking about Far Cry. Though what happens if you lower the setting for dolphin is it noticeable slower or the same? Because if its the same then your right dolphin is not using the amd 3d graphics gpu.

I think the only way you can know for sure is by testing a shader. Fine a shader that the AMD can support and intel can not and hope dolpinh uses it. I can not help much here maybe a dev can but other then that I dont know of a for sure way to know what gpu core its using.
Pages: 1 2