Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: running gamecube bios on dolphin before the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hello guys

i wonder how could i run the bios of gamecube through Dolphin before the game

i did all of the ways i read here but still dont work ( When unchek "Skip Bios" , after i run a game it returns as checked Huh )

So does there any way to do this ?
Use the download button at the top of the forum to get the latest development version, then follow the steps below.

You need to place your "ipl.bin" in your dolphin/user/GC/USA folder (depending on which region your bios is, you might need to place it in one of the other folders instead).

Then:

1) Use the LLE audio backend (that will allow you to have correct sound).
2) Set the "external frame buffer" option to "virtual" (that will fix graphical issues).
3) Make sure "skip bios" is not checked off.
4) Hold the "A" button until you get to the bios (or don't hold "A" and go directly to the game you've selected).
now it works fine

but when i change to LLE it gives me this error (Failed to initialize DSP emulator )

how could i fix it ?
Are you using the dumps that come with dolphin? Maybe they don't work in the BIOS XD
Thanks guys

I saw your post on dumping files from the wii and it works

The only problem is my laptop can't handle the emulator

I want to say what is the best requirements to run the emulator in 60 or 30 fps without any problems ?
If you want all playable games to be playable, you want an overclocked 4670K on a Z87 board with 4GB+ RAM, and a GPU good enough for whatever graphical enhancements you want.
Does your pc run the games in perfect way ?
Theoretically. I haven't tried anything demanding since getting this processor.
Hmm , I will try to collect information and see reviews because soon I will build my pc
(09-12-2013, 05:03 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Use the download button at the top of the forum to get the latest development version, then follow the steps below.

You need to place your "ipl.bin" in your dolphin/user/GC/USA folder (depending on which region your bios is, you might need to place it in one of the other folders instead).

Then:

1) Use the LLE audio backend (that will allow you to have correct sound).
2) Set the "external frame buffer" option to "virtual" (that will fix graphical issues).
3) Make sure "skip bios" is not checked off.
4) Hold the "A" button until you get to the bios (or don't hold "A" and go directly to the game you've selected).

The Sound Is Still "Screeching"Sad
As in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43FKoy4ChAA
Can U fix it?
Pages: 1 2 3