Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [LAG][Menu/Display/transitions/Cache]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok,

This might be the last time i try to report something about dolphin with only purpose of help each other (Users and development).
Because of this fact: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-bug-lag-menus
Don't even ask me to explain why, just read all it posts again, and note the big joke "Starscream" did.

but forgetting that, lets go with it:

First of everything, sorry for bad english.

First of all, my specs, AGAIN:

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Overclock to 3.9Ghz (if u don't know it: http://ark.intel.com/products/33910)
GPU AMD ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 760/920 (if u don't know it: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation...=174&lid=1)
Memory 4GB Corsair (2 with 2 GB each) 1066 (Working at 1050) (not sure by now, bust guess that is it: http://www.corsair.com/en/cmd4gx2m2a1066c5.html)
Motherboard Asus P5Q
Anything more i need to spec?

Using Windows XP SP3 x86 (I have 7 x64, but for personal reasons, im only able to use it)
All drivers up to date (Catalyst 13.1)

Only for the record purpose: with these specs i can run Crysis 1 (all config to the maximum) 30+fps and stable.

Dolphin and Config:

3.5-1936 x86
3.5 Stable x86
All it in standard config but VSync ON (On and Off goes the same, but Off i get those vertical trash lines) and Internal Resolution (Auto Multiple 640x528)
(I even have tried all config combination, don't point for it)

My Problem, AGAIN:

As i SAID, i can run most games TRYING ALWAYS using the last release of Dolphin (U see the date of this post? right now? what date is it? 08/27/2013? Whats the last release related to it? 3.5-1936 ? So as im using, while also using the stable 3.5 x86 version in paralel. None of it has resolved this problem).

Right now, im gaming these two:

- New Super Mario Bros
- Rune Factory Tides of Destiny

Both of them running as u can see:

- Rune Factory Tides of Destiny

through all the stage:

[Image: 7ffg.th.jpg]

Opening the storage chest:
FPS gone from 30 to 8, then when i could take SS it was at 18 and keep going unstable (24 - 27) while im moving through the inventory

[Image: vhrz.th.jpg]

- New Super Mario Bros

through all the stage:

[Image: v3qo.th.jpg]

Stage Select:

[Image: 84qa.th.jpg]

Summarizing:

The FPS always goes unstable at transitions parts and displays in general. I don't know.
When something popup (chat), or passing through a door.
I Guess its a matter of cache and acess. Don't know...

Hope some1 bring some hope to me.

Thx.

(Say if im doing something wrong, instead made me a fool wasting time)
masterdragon Wrote:Only for the record purpose: with these specs i can run Crysis 1 (all config to the maximum) 30+fps and stable.

That doesn't matter. Dolphin isn't Crisis, and emulators use hardware resources in very different ways from PC games.

Anyway, could you also post screenshots of your graphical settings? Click the Graphics button and take a look at the first 3 tabs (General, Enhancements, Hacks). It might just be a simple setting that you need to switch.
(08-28-2013, 01:16 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ][quote=]
Only for the record purpose: with these specs i can run Crysis 1 (all config to the maximum) 30+fps and stable.

That doesn't matter. Dolphin isn't Crisis, and emulators use hardware resources in very different ways from PC games.

Anyway, could you also post screenshots of your graphical settings? Click the Graphics button and take a look at the first 3 tabs (General, Enhancements, Hacks). It might just be a simple setting that you need to switch.
I Know, i was just meaning for my pc performance in general.

And here it goes:
[Image: 0wru.jpg]

[Image: sjxx.jpg]

[Image: k4k.jpg]

I forgot to change my language from. But i think u can recognize the settings. Most cause its just Standard (as i said).
Is just believe me, i even tried to set all sort of changes.
And the other tabs?

Edit: next time post them all at once XD
(08-28-2013, 02:52 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]And the other tabs?

Edit: next time post them all at once XD
Was just a mistake.
Done.
Try using dx9
(08-28-2013, 02:56 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Try using dx9
Works the same. =P
I used to have an old Core2Duo not that long ago and also had a 4850 if memory serves. I do not remember getting full frame rate very often in all but the least demanding games. I specifically remember issues with the menus in Baten Kaitos significantly slowing my framerate down.

I may be wrong here but low framerates are to be expected with hardware that is more than 4 generations back
Quote:I do not remember getting full frame rate very often in all but the least demanding games.

I guesst its what i meant.

Quote:I specifically remember issues with the menus in Baten Kaitos significantly slowing my framerate down.

Guess we have some circumstances here.. =P

Quote:I may be wrong here but low framerates are to be expected with hardware that is more than 4 generations back

I got it, but i still guessing its something that can be fixed.
You may have answered this but I missed it. Are you using HLE or LLE?

Also manually set the internal res to 1x. If the GPU is slowing you down, doing that may help boost the frame rate.
Pages: 1 2