Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DirectX 11 VS DirectX 9 renderer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wondering which games work better/faster with directX 11. I recently found out that Mario Kart Wii works better in dx11 for me (no crashes), but -for example- Donkey Kong Returns & F-zero are way slower in dx11 compared to dx9.

Which games do you guys play with the directX11 renderer? Is the dx11 renderer updated more/better than dx9 (because it's newer), or not?
The dx9 backend is considered obsolete afaik
Uh no it's not. DX9 tends to be a lot faster and less glitchy. For instance, in Twilight Princess, the sun shines through the foliage in DX11, but renderes it correctly with DX9
(08-09-2013, 05:11 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]Uh no it's not.
Yes, it is.
(maybe not obsolete, but deprecated anyway)
(08-09-2013, 05:23 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2013, 05:11 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]Uh no it's not.
Yes, it is.
(maybe not obsolete, but deprecated anyway)
It might be.. but still, DX9 beats DX11 in almost every game when it comes to speed. Do you play any games in DX11 mode, because of certain advantages in emulation?

And does that mean the DX9 isn't updated as much as the dx11 renderer at the moment?
xystus Wrote:And does that mean the DX9 isn't updated as much as the dx11 renderer at the moment?

Yes.

D3d9 is usually faster but not always. As far as issues are concerned some games have less issues on d3d9 and some have less on d3d11. D3d9 also has a few extra options that d3d11 doesn't have like 3dvision support.
(08-09-2013, 10:02 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
xystus Wrote:And does that mean the DX9 isn't updated as much as the dx11 renderer at the moment?

Yes.

D3d9 is usually faster but not always.
Got any examples? For me, mario kart wii works better with DX11.
All three zeldas run faster with d3d9 on my system.
It's easy to be faster when you don't emulate stuff properly.
(08-09-2013, 06:40 PM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]It's easy to be faster when you don't emulate stuff properly.
Okay, I can understand that. But is it noticeable / visible? And what games are good examples of that?
Pages: 1 2 3