Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stuttering in games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have run Dolphin just fine before (Wind Waker at the time) but when I downloaded it again now I get incredibly low frame rates and stutterings. The games I've tried are Harry Potter POA, IKARUGA and Everything or Nothing.

And my specs are as follows:

Intel Core i5 750 @2.67 GHz
4 GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
Windows 8 64 bit

Why am I getting these issues? Is my system really not powerful enough or is there anything I can do to improve my performance?
Quote: Is my system really not powerful enough
Yup , latest Dolphin is more demanding than ever before
Buy aftermarket cooler , aftermarket thermal paste (CM 212 Evo and Arctic MX-4) and overclock your CPU @ 3.6GHz -> Problem solve
(08-08-2013, 11:42 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Is my system really not powerful enough
Yup , latest Dolphin is more demanding than ever before
Buy aftermarket cooler , aftermarket thermal paste (CM 212 Evo and Arctic MX-4) and overclock your CPU @ 3.6GHz -> Problem solve
Can I download an older Dolphin version? Will that help?
We don't support older build . And btw , Dolphin 3.5 367 is not latest , you downloaded Dolphin from a fan site ( shall not be named) not our official site (Dolphin-emulator.org)
Dolphin 3.5-1722 is latest atm
You can try Dolphin 3.5 Stable or the pre-configured Dolphin 3.0
Also those three games you picked are probably a lot more demanding than wind waker so it's not exactly a fair comparison.
admin89, you keep mixing those domain names up. The official one is https://dolphin-emu.org/, the shitty unofficial one that people keep going to is shall not be named. (And the one we had back circa r4000 was dolphin-emu.com.)

(Woo, 663rd post! ...Wait, shit, am I gonna jump to 1025 posts and then no longer run properly on OS X's Intel HD 3000 drivers? ;_;)
I see. I'll try that new version then and update with results.
What about the "other" stuttering? "

Tested dolphin on many configurations (i5 3570, 4670, all well beyond 4ghz) and from time to time games become to stutter. fpss on screen never go beloow 60, but you can feel the game is not smooth. after a couple of minutes the stutter is gone and come back from time to time.

Also can confirm is not about the game demanding more power, as you can clearly see the stutter on games like virtua striker 3, thaat has the same power demand through tthe matches
Some games seem to run better on newer versions of Dolphin and other seem to run worse. I've tried different settings and in most games I can get decent results. Still issues with running Prisoner of Azkaban though and Sorceres Stone just goes straight to black screen saying "Warning: DSI Exception in stmw"
Your CPU at stock clock is a bit slow for Harry Potter games (very demanding).

For Sorcerer's Stone go into Properties (right-click your game) and check MMU Speed Hack
Pages: 1 2