Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wasted 6 hours looking for help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
here's what my computer has

AMD turion64 X2 dual-core mobile tl-60 2.00GHz
2Gb of ram
vista home premium 32bit operating system
ATI radeon X1200 graphics

So I have openGL support.
directX 10
Vc++ has been updated.

I have dolphin SVN R 3661

this is the problem:
I can't get it to run when I open a iso file. the screen will turn gray and then an alert come on saying the dolpnin has stopped working...windows is searching for a problem. and then it closes.

I have tried it on Soul Calibur2 and Super Smash Bros Melee with and without dual core on and with openGL and directX

when it's directX i get a black screen with yellow text. an alert comes on saying posmtx streem not supported correctly.
(07-28-2009, 06:01 AM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]here's what my computer has

AMD turion64 X2 dual-core mobile tl-60 2.00GHz
2Gb of ram
vista home premium 32bit operating system
ATI radeon X1200 graphics

So I have openGL support.
directX 10
Vc++ has been updated.

I have dolphin SVN R 3661

this is the problem:
I can't get it to run when I open a iso file. the screen will turn gray and then an alert come on saying the dolpnin has stopped working...windows is searching for a problem. and then it closes.

I have tried it on Soul Calibur2 and Super Smash Bros Melee with and without dual core on and with openGL and directX

when it's directX i get a black screen with yellow text. an alert comes on saying posmtx streem not supported correctly.

Even if you get dolphin to work your framerates will be so horendous it will be impossible to play... stick with the wii/gc for now
sorry, so close tho. your gfx card does support ogl 2.0, but sadly dolphin requires ogl 2.1. u could try the dx plugin, but its not worth it. u should get a newer gfx card.
gahhh. okay could i get a older dolphin emulator cause I think dolphin was out when i got this computer.
your cpu and you gpu are not good enough
my cpu is bad. I thought it was alright.
your cpu isnt terrible, u could read up on overclocking and try that out. for dolphin u need as fast of a cpu as u can get. 2.00 ghz will give u some playable games, but overclocking will really help.
okay. I could do that. but for my graphic what should I do. directX doesn't work.
(07-28-2009, 06:13 AM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]okay. I could do that. but for my graphic what should I do. directX doesn't work.

I will say it again, your computer will not run dolphin at good speeds... stick with the wii/gc, if you insist on emulating, get a better computer, your cpu will not run it, your gpu will not run it
(07-28-2009, 06:11 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]your cpu isnt terrible, u could read up on overclocking and try that out. for dolphin u need as fast of a cpu as u can get. 2.00 ghz will give u some playable games, but overclocking will really help.

I wouldnt overclock a laptop...
(07-28-2009, 06:08 AM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]my cpu is bad. I thought it was alright.

ignore those guys, they only see a processor's clocking to judge it. Just try your CPU out once you fix your card, what matters is not the clocking but the pipelines. I don't know much of AMD processors, I haven't looked at their benchmarks, however, you should try out and see. I'm sure you'll atleast be able to play some games.

Also, try looking for some drivers for your GPU before going all out to buy a new.
Pages: 1 2 3