Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Twilight Princess slow Hyrule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(07-19-2013, 10:56 AM)rokclimb15 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post your emulator settings as well? Have you tried LLE on a dedicated thread? I seem to recall that it caused glitching in ZTP.

My settings are in the post right above yours. Are you looking for different settings?

I can get full speed with LLE on Thread...but I thought it causes freezes. I REALLY want to avoid freezes because it sort of ruins the gameplay for me.

Can anyone confirm that LLE on Thread does not cause issues in TP?

Also anyone have any thoughts on how I can get full speed? I know I *should* be able to with my rig.
Are you doing EFB copy to texture or RAM? That's the settings page I'd like to see. I have not experienced freezes with LLE on a dedicated thread. The audio was off at one point. Can you test and see if yours freezes?
Oh, I see. I messed up that part of the pic. shame on me. I am using EFB to RAM, Texture position to SAFE and XFB Disabled per the game thread index:

EFB Copies to RAM for a proper map
Texture Cache Accuracy Position 1 (Safe) Needed for the minimap arrow to work

Thoughts?
(07-19-2013, 10:56 AM)rokclimb15 Wrote: [ -> ]You're just looking for a message that says "ZTP map texture found at address 0x00000000" (that should be a real number though). The c++ code is from the Dolphin source checkout.

It seems like it is working for you, but why you're not hitting 100% is a mystery. Can you post your emulator settings as well? Have you tried LLE on a dedicated thread? I seem to recall that it caused glitching in ZTP.
Decided throw up some Picks.

First Up Decided use the latest revision since my 3.5 stable somehow broke lol. These first 2 picks are With ZTP hack & LLE on Thread (Looks Like i dont need EFB to Ram for Twilight Princess anymore ^^) First one is Posted without SSAA and second one is with SSAA... with SSAA i dip down to like 92% sometimes but rarely. (GPU bottleneck i can overcome from overclocking though).

NO SSAA & TPHack

[Image: 2rypuvl.png]

SSAA & TPHACK (this one shows i have LLE on thread).

[Image: ine9w5.png]

Next up NO TP hack. Honestly Im surprised how far they have come. Accuracy in the game has improved but of course performance hit. i can do 100% without NO TPhack anymore @ 4.5ghz

NO TP Hack & LLE on thread.

i averaging about 71%. dips down to 65 at the lowest.

[Image: qp57rk.png]

still its nice not needing EFB to ram anymore Tongue

Heck might not even need LLE with the new HLE...

without LLE but HLE on thread i avg about 86%.

ZTP hack improves performance ALOT. from my findings.
Thanks for that! New HLE will not improve this game at all because it is a Zelda ucode game. I will try setting EFB to Texture and see how that goes.

Can anyone else comment on the LLE on Thread and EFB to Texture for this game? Smile
maybe someone smart can make a patch where you don't have to process every inch of hyrule while being in it

juzza1

(07-19-2013, 01:09 PM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that! New HLE will not improve this game at all because it is a Zelda ucode game. I will try setting EFB to Texture and see how that goes.

Can anyone else comment on the LLE on Thread and EFB to Texture for this game? Smile
My rig: 2500k @ 4,6 GHz, GTX 660, 8 GB DDR3-1600. My speed at Hyrule field is around 90%, at the worst in the 80% range.

Switching from EFB to RAM to EFB to Texture gives me no real benefit - maybe around 1-2% speed boost. Additionaly, the minimap is broken with EFB to Texture. EFB to RAM breaks the bloom offset unless you open the graphics tab mid-game (and personally I don't care if the offset is wrong, looks fine to me.) These are all using the DX9 backend.

LLE on Thread gives me a 10-15% boost in hyrule field, but I've been getting a few lockups with it enabled, so I'm currently not using it. I don't know if this is the cause of the lockups, but it's very likely considering LLE on Thread is not supposed to be fully safe. With HLE speed is 100% everywhere, but the music sounds too loud, almost distorted, and the sound effects are too quiet compared to the music. This is a known issue.

Edited the LLE on Thread section as it gave me a larger boost than I first thought.
(07-19-2013, 04:20 PM)Corpse Wrote: [ -> ]maybe someone smart can make a patch where you don't have to process every inch of hyrule while being in it
That's what the ZTP speedup hack is doing....
Thanks everyone who helped out! So I have one person who says EFB to Texture works with the minimap and one who says it does not. One who says they have no issue with LLE on Thread and one who does.

I would love a tie breaker folks! I will get around to testing this on my machine but that isnt currently possible because of my looming thesis deadline Smile
(07-19-2013, 05:02 PM)juzza1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2013, 01:09 PM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that! New HLE will not improve this game at all because it is a Zelda ucode game. I will try setting EFB to Texture and see how that goes.

My rig: 2500k @ 4,6 GHz, GTX 660, 8 GB DDR3-1600. My speed at Hyrule field is around 90%, at the worst in the 80% range.

Switching from EFB to RAM to EFB to Texture gives me no real benefit - maybe around 1-2% speed boost. Additionaly, the minimap is broken with EFB to Texture. EFB to RAM breaks the bloom offset unless you open the graphics tab mid-game (and personally I don't care if the offset is wrong, looks fine to me.) These are all using the DX9 backend.

LLE on Thread gives me a 10-15% boost in hyrule field, but I've been getting a few lockups with it enabled, so I'm currently not using it. I don't know if this is the cause of the lockups, but it's very likely considering LLE on Thread is not supposed to be fully safe. With HLE speed is 100% everywhere, but the music sounds too loud, almost distorted, and the sound effects are too quiet compared to the music. This is a known issue.

Edited the LLE on Thread section as it gave me a larger boost than I first thought.
Minimap isnt broken in the latest revision with EFB to Texture. those screenshots i took are with EFB to texture but i get no performance loss by swapping to ram.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5