Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Savegame ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hika

Hello Wink

I've been playing on dolphin for a week or so (Pokemon Colosseum mainly) and so far I did not encounter any problem (I saved using either the PC or the Savestates...) Until now...

I've played for about 5 hours (doing a lot during those hours) and saved using only the savestates... And I found that I could not save normally afterwards like I always did :

[Image: 1373760957012894200.png]
Voir l'image en grand

Is there a way to salvage this ? I would like not to have to do it all over again... Like a way to forcefully create another save file on another memory card, or to convert my savestate into a sav... ? Thanks you for your help.
This is a common problem when using save states. The best advice is to either avoid save states altogether, or if you use save states, don't rely on them to record your game progress; use them for things like saving when there's no save point, during tricky battles, etc, and make sure you save often via the memory card so you have a solid backup no matter what happens with your save states.

You might have to restart the game if you want to save via the memory card with your current situation. You could he fine with save states alone, but if they mess up, you'll be short on luck. I'd advise keeping multiple save states if you use them, and maybe copy the saves manually some place.
How common is it? I wonder if the assumption here isn't really valid...
(07-14-2013, 03:45 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]How common is it?

Fwiw, the Pokemon games seem to be the ones with the most user complaints here on the forum. I should have clarified that it's common for Colosseum and more so XD:Gale of Darkness, at least from what I've observed. Perhaps it has something to do with the way these games write to the memory card? It's just anecdotal evidence at best, so take it with a grain of salt.

Hika

Well, I ended up playing again from my last save; Problem solved Wink Thanks :p