Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low FPS with decent computer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

KillerDanny

Hello everyone, i have read the rules and checked posts regarding my problem but i haven't found one, so i turn to you seasoned vets to try and help me out. Ive been having problems with Resident Evil Zero for GC. In game play i am getting: 12-13 FPS,
VPS 25 Speed 43%. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas why? my Specs are in my sig(if ive done it right lol) Ive tried adjusting settings but to no avail. At the moment my Dolphin config settings are at default with both core settings ticked.
Audio is HLE(fast)
Graphics: Direct3D9
res 1920x1080
force 16:9
Internal res Auto (window size)
AA none
AF x1
Scaled EFB Copy
Ignore Format Changes
EFB Copy Texture

Everything that i have not mentioned is not ticked. Tried to give you as much info as i could. Sorry if i wasted anyones time
Thanks in Advance
Danny

(07-12-2013, 08:21 PM)KillerDanny Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, i have read the rules and checked posts regarding my problem but i haven't found one, so i turn to you seasoned vets to try and help me out. Ive been having problems with Resident Evil Zero for GC. In game play i am getting: 12-13 FPS,
VPS 25 Speed 43%. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas why? my Specs are in my sig(if ive done it right lol) Ive tried adjusting settings but to no avail. At the moment my Dolphin config settings are at default with both core settings ticked.
Audio is HLE(fast)
Graphics: Direct3D9
res 1920x1080
force 16:9
Internal res Auto (window size)
AA none
AF x1
Scaled EFB Copy
Ignore Format Changes
EFB Copy Texture

Everything that i have not mentioned is not ticked. Tried to give you as much info as i could. Sorry if i wasted anyones time
Thanks in Advance
Danny
Hey Mod you can delete this if you like, I have just seen a thread posted an hour ago about an issue with the game, although it doesn't seem to solve my problem, i just dont want to take up useless space.
It's most likely that your CPU is too slow, although I'm not aware of it being such a demanding game, so I'd expect more performance. Dolphin has only 2-3 main threads, so can't use all of your CPU's cores, and AMD processors aren't great for single threaded performance.
(07-12-2013, 08:21 PM)KillerDanny Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Mod you can delete this if you like, I have just seen a thread posted an hour ago about an issue with the game, although it doesn't seem to solve my problem, i just dont want to take up useless space.

Seems he has abandoned this thread, maybe he'll be back since it's been replied to.
(07-12-2013, 10:10 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not aware of it being such a demanding game

It is
Then there's your problem.

KillerDanny

Thank you all for your replies. So what are my options? I mean i could overclock to 4.0ghz but i dont think their would be too much of a speed up?
I think you should OC it to 4.6GHz (if it's possible)
In Dolphin Benchmark , FX 8150 @ 4.6GHz is a bit slower than i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz (stock)
Btw , right-click the game - properties - Tick "Vbeam Speed Hack" to increase to FPS
This game isn't demanding. I was able to run the game full speed throughout, but only when using the "Vbeam Speed Hack". You can find that option by right clicking on the game and selecting "properties". I've completed this game not too long ago with my processor overclocked to 2.4GHz, so your CPU isn't an issue for this game.
gpu bottlenet!

your gpu too old need to upgrade least cheap performance gpu hd 6670 1gb ddr5 or hd 7750 1gb ddr5 or gaming gpu hd 7770 1gb ddr5

lower IR the better the performance overall
The HD 4870 is fine for most games at 3x IR and even 4x IR. The OP has set IR to the the window size (1920x1080 in fullscreen) which as actually smaller than 3x IR (1920x1584), plus there're no enhancements (AA or AF) being thrown into the mix. It's probably not a GPU bottleneck.
Pages: 1 2